Forum

PRO

Evening all, 

I've had a day of relentless bugbears today which led me to wonder what is the most annoying thing you hear on a regular basis? 

I have a few.. 

'Rather you than me' (on a cold or wet day) 

'Lovely day for it' (on a hot day) 

Anything weather related really..

Do you have a rough idea of how much? (5 mins in to the first site visit whilst trying to measure up) 

"I just need some ideas" (ARRRGGHHH) 

the word Slabbing instead of Paving. 

I'm sure I could think of some more.. 

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Customer " My lawn is not looking too great"

Me "Have you been watering and mowing on higher setting in this hot dry spell like I advised".

Customer " On a water meter and we like the grass short" 

Repeat the above many times for a few of my customers this Summer :) 

• £60 quid to cut the grass! (it's bloody knee high)"I'll buy a mower and do myself"
    Aye crack on ya fanny is the thought from me
  • A local farmer phoned me and the start of the conversation went "i have a number of properties around the village and i need someone to cut the grass hedges etc" He went on to ask what my hourly rate was.  When i told him, he said thats more than i earn!!!!  Then the tried to haggle  The guy has a 300 acre farm and loads of houses!!!

However, he tried it on with a friend of mine who runs an outside catering business.  He asked how much would it be to do a load of Coronation chicken, she gave him a price and he asked if it would be cheaper if he provided the chicken!!!!

Clearly a joker and a tight wad.

• PRO
      I guess that's how he got all that stuff by being a tight wad and screwing everyone else down on price! I find the most generous customers are often the poorest with the smallest houses.
      • I think he inherited it which in a way is worse!  Whats interesting is everyone locally knows and has a good laugh about it.

Your right though about poorer people i guess they put less value on money!

• PRO

Had a strange one , a woman asked me how much to reduce a hedge at the side of her greenhouse , I noticed a party fence between the hedge and greenhouse and enquired if it was her hedge to reduce . No ! she replied but i have lived here for Thirty years and its blocking the light ! 

• its not so much the comments for me, its the ones who watch over you while you work, offering theri own advice as you go!!!

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Grounds Maintence operative

Employer: IH MOWING LTD

Job Type: Full Time

An opportunity to join an expanding Grounds Maintenance Company based in Warwickshire. The ideal candidate will have experience and Knowledge of… Continue

Skilled Landscaper

Employer: Abbeyfield Landscapes

Job Type: Full Time

Abbeyfield Landscapes is a Southwest Landscaping and ground maintenance company and we are looking for a dedicated landscaper to… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO

Topdressing grass verges

HiI have a client who wants his existing grass verges raised and 'levelled' by approximately 25mm. He's had new steel edgings installed and wants to bring the verges up to the top of the edgings by topsoiling over the existing grass. What is the…
Read more…
Comments: 0