Forum

PRO

Evening all, 

I've had a day of relentless bugbears today which led me to wonder what is the most annoying thing you hear on a regular basis? 

I have a few.. 

'Rather you than me' (on a cold or wet day) 

'Lovely day for it' (on a hot day) 

Anything weather related really..

Do you have a rough idea of how much? (5 mins in to the first site visit whilst trying to measure up) 

"I just need some ideas" (ARRRGGHHH) 

the word Slabbing instead of Paving. 

I'm sure I could think of some more.. 

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

'Just' jobs. More so when you're behind and they're not all that nice the rest of the time. 

'Can you cut it a bit shorter'. 

'I don't water my lawn' (but I expect nothing short of Wembley). 

• PRO

Incoming enquiry ,'' can you come and have a look before i go out at 2.30 pm'' . 

and oh !! i got somebody else cheaper ! 

''Sorry about the dog mess'' 

• PRO

I make a point now of mowing around dog mess - a wide berth too so it's really obvious. I think I saw someone on here some time ago said they charge £1 per 'mess' on top of the bill...

• PRO
          On my bills to those lawns I charge a flat rate of £20 to clear a standard lawn of dog mines. I then charge an addtional £30 fee to clean my equipment. I most often waive the cleaning charge but I do find the lawn is clear next time!
  • The only thing that annoys me is when you've just finished the job and the customer then tells you they've just got to go down to the cash machine to get your money!

• "While you're here could you just do this small job as well"......... 2 hours later and now behind schedule!
  • PRO
    I went to a extremely grand Cotswold Manor House, the couple who owned it were both barristers with a touch of plum in their mouths.

I was standing by the back doorway looking across the lawn and the lady of the house said "I know what you are looking at at, the dog turds!"

Gazing across the lawn I couple see dozens of dog turds all standing to a attention. I replied saying I have never seen them standing to a attention before. She said "It's the children's socks, the Labradors keep swallowing them. The children won't pick them up despite being told and it was too expensive to keep throwing them away. So now I wait until the turds have dried, then beat them with a stick to get the socks out, before soaking and washing them. Some of the children's socks have been through the dogs half a dozen times now."

I can guarantee that you would all run a mile to avoid mowing their lawn!

Andy
    • PRO

That is brilliant. Just when you think you have seen and heard it all.. 

• "Green side up" when we are turfing.

At 4pm while the mixer is washing out, "while you've got your mixer running, before you go, can you do this little bit of 'cementing', I was going to do it - it won't take you long"

• PRO

I always tell them 'can you just' starts at £40 plus VAT.

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs