Forum

Replies

• My thinking since the first one was born, you can't buy back the time you were at work while they did their first x-y-z. 

• PRO

Do we take it, from your comment, that you've added to your clan, Dan:)

• PRO

I spent the day laying approx 30m2 of natural stone setts followed up by a very interesting meeting with the local town council! Happy Monday everyone :) 

• PRO

I wonder what the average area of paving a landscaper can lay in a day, Matt?

I know it depends on the material being laid but I bet it varies sharply from person to person.

• PRO

Couple of big lawns and a bit of planting, as you ask. The rest of the week will be busier mind.

• PRO
      If we get no rain the whole thing will fall off a cliff within 3 weeks or so here. We've had no rain worth mentioning for about 5 weeks!
      Today's village cut was more about dandelion control than grass cutting trying to catch them before there is a billion seeds flying everywhere:)
      • PRO

Same here, I'm advising customers to water the grass. Most don't, but at least I can say I advised it.

• PRO

Have been covering huge mileages, on Autobahn's at light-speed to get home for work tomorrow :)

5 Countries in one day, only slow part being in UK on M26/M25.

• Been away in Carnoustie playing golf, played Forfar yesterday then hoofed the 333 miles home in 6 hrs 10.

Back to lawns today .

• PRO
      I want to have a go on an autobahn one day but need a car to make it worthwhile first!
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Grounds Maintence operative

Employer: IH MOWING LTD

Job Type: Full Time

An opportunity to join an expanding Grounds Maintenance Company based in Warwickshire. The ideal candidate will have experience and Knowledge of… Continue

Skilled Landscaper

Employer: Abbeyfield Landscapes

Job Type: Full Time

Abbeyfield Landscapes is a Southwest Landscaping and ground maintenance company and we are looking for a dedicated landscaper to… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO

Topdressing grass verges

HiI have a client who wants his existing grass verges raised and 'levelled' by approximately 25mm. He's had new steel edgings installed and wants to bring the verges up to the top of the edgings by topsoiling over the existing grass. What is the…
Read more…
Comments: 0