Forum

PRO

What lawn treatments when

So members, with so many suppliers and so many different products available I'm interested to get your (professional) opinion 

What lawn care products have you found to be most effective and economical for weed, moss control and for feeding. What do you use at what time of year and which suppliers do you find most reliable/accommodating

I'm interested in granular and also spray (as I now have my certificates)

Hope you are all enjoying the warmer weather and the signs of spring - what a great time of year this is! 

thanks

Ian

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Ian,

firstly follow Robbies advice and get on the phone to Progreen or Ollie at Agrigem for open market product discussions. Also Daisy at Greenbest, Gareth Acterson at Rigby Taylor and Mark De Ath at Headland have been very useful and kind in dicussions with myself in the past.

You'll probably have met them at the lawncare association conference.

Your product selection will need to be varied as lawns are different, different starting points, different customer goals wanted etc. So have flexibiliy in whats available for you to use.

Most new customers lawns need a lot of work in the first couple of seasons, getting thatch, compaction, weeds and moss under control and then settle down. So your work with them should reflect that need / reality.

• PRO

thanks everyone for taking the time to reply - certainly given me lots of food for thought

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Grounds Maintence operative

Employer: IH MOWING LTD

Job Type: Full Time

An opportunity to join an expanding Grounds Maintenance Company based in Warwickshire. The ideal candidate will have experience and Knowledge of… Continue

Skilled Landscaper

Employer: Abbeyfield Landscapes

Abbeyfield Landscapes is a Southwest Landscaping and ground maintenance company and we are looking for a dedicated landscaper to… Continue

Skilled landscaper

Employer: Brett Hardy Landscapes Ltd

Skilled landscaper required to join our team working for a busy & expanding garden design & landscaping company. We are a proud… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs