Forum

PRO Member
I am not going to influence the start of the debate by giving an opinion but it would be of great interest to know who is providing the best service for small to medium sized land-based businesses at the moment? Please contribute both positive or negative experiences.

You need to be a member of Landscaper Network & Forum to add comments!

Join Landscaper Network & Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It isn't Lloyds, that's for sure! I will be interested to see who gets recommended, because we'll be switching banks next year.
  • Always used RBS, better than ever now. You may scoff but always treated like royalty, no extra costs for speaking to clerk at my own branch and cheques and BACS clear within 48 hours. After all they belong to us now.
  • PRO Member
    I have been more than delighted with https://www.alliance-leicestercommercialbank.co.uk/

I switched from Natwest Business banking 3 years ago and have never looked back. Main advantages of A&L are:

FREE banking. Totally free - why pay transaction charges if you are in credit?
    Cheques/Cash can be paid in at any Post Office branch (as well as branched of A&L).

Main disadvantage is no dedicated bank manager but the call centre is in the UK (but office hours only + sat morning)
  • Totally agree with alliance and leicester being very good. Changed over to them last year and touch wood no problems yet.

I was with Abbey before and money went out of my account by mistake and took a few months to get refunded with just a £10 apology. I had the phone put down on me when I asked to speak to a superior!

Both Abbey & All Leicester are both under the Santander banner, but on the only occasion that I have had to phone Customer services they were extremely helpful.

NMGS said:
    I have been more than delighted with https://www.alliance-leicestercommercialbank.co.uk/

I switched from Natwest Business banking 3 years ago and have never looked back. Main advantages of A&L are:

FREE banking. Totally free - why pay transaction charges if you are in credit?
    Cheques/Cash can be paid in at any Post Office branch (as well as branched of A&L).

Main disadvantage is no dedicated bank manager but the call centre is in the UK (but office hours only + sat morning)
  • PRO Member
    Nat West basically tried to shut me down and hence I don't have a good word to say about them! Lloyds TSB have been a god send and I am also very impressed with their internet banking as I can see cheques and other payments being deposited in real time.
  • Very happy with RBS. Have an excellent relationship with business manager and can deal with most matters straight away by phone or email. Online banking works very well for me
  • Abbey has been fine for us, internet, free of charges for life if in credit anw within the transaction levels set which are quite generous. Also the bank never bother us trying to sell stuff.
  • When we joined the FSB we were offered free (as long as you are in credit) business banking with the Co-operative. The online banking facilities are a bit hit and miss, however, so far this has been the only exception.

The staff are excellent as is the service. I needed an overdraft to cover outlay for some big projects this year and got a decision within 30 seconds with facilities in place by the end of the phone conversation.

Having banked with most of the main banks over the years, I can tell people which ones to avoid. I won't mention which banks but I'm sure that most will guess when I say that the worst two are the most aggressive in their marketing.
  • HSBC. Never had any problems and my local branch are nice and friendly and have never failed to help me with any queries.
  • PRO Member
    has anyone had a high street bank loan since recession - to help with cash-flow , expansion, investment or vehicles from your bank or other ? not loan co.

IMO/ experience , they are all a rip-off ! and dont help you.
This reply was deleted.

Landscaping & gardening jobs

Landscaper/ Project Manager

Employer: PatchWorks

Job Type: Self employed

We are a small expanding landscape design/build company and require an experienced hard landscaper/project manager. We are a small team and love… Continue

landscape labourer

Employer: artform landscapes

Job Type: Full time

Artform landscapes is a small developing company who are members of the association of professional landscapers. We have been… Continue

Landscaping Business Manager

Employer: Springlawn UK

Springlawn UK is part of the WCF group of companies, an employee owned organisation with a diverse and vibrant variety of brands and… Continue

Experienced Landscaper Warrington £30,000

Employer: Kirman Design

Job Type: Temporary

We are looking for a skilled, professional, motivated and enthusiastic Landscaper with experience, and good customer service skills. This… Continue

Gardener – Oxford Lawns and Gardens Ltd

Employer: Oxford Lawns and Gardens Ltd

Full time or Part time Gardener is required to join our small team of professional gardeners working in the South… Continue

Groundsman/Gardener Bedford

Employer: Bedford Heights Business Centre

A groundsman/gardener is required to be responsible for a 13.49 acre site (approximately ¾ of this is buildings and… Continue

Gardening Team in London

Employer: FantasticServices

Fantastic Services is currently searching for experienced gardeners in London to match the constantly increasing customer… Continue

Landscape site manager Cambridge

Employer: Woodhouse Landscape Ltd

Woodhouse Landscape/Natural pools are a design and build company based near Cambridge We undertake a whole range of diverse… Continue

Hard Landscaper required Didcot

Employer: J Drewe Landscaping & Maintenance

We currently require an experienced hard landscaper to join our team. The applicant must hold a full UK driving license… Continue

Latest blog post

Lawnmower prompts Northern Lights alert

A lawnmower has been blamed for wrongly triggering sensors that predict when the Northern Lights will be visible in the UK.

A red alert issued via the Aurora Watch mailing list was withdrawn after sensor readings were found to be…

Read more…
Comments: 0

Upgrade your mobile phone

LJN Sponsor

public liability insurance for landscapers and gardeners

Premium Supplier

Pellenc arrives in style on the Isle of Wight

Doug McGeoch, owner of McGeoch’s Gardening Services, is the proud and first new owner of a range of Pellenc battery powered tools on the Isle of Wight.  

Over the past two years Etesia UK, the exclusive UK distributor of Pellenc, has reported a dramatic increase in Pellenc sales with over 50 dealers now stocking the battery powered tools. The popularity of the Pellenc range continues to spread and Doug’s new tools now signals the first of potentially many more sales on the Isle of…

Read more…
Premium Supplier

Lee Evans, head groundsman at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, claims that the Dennis G860 is the ‘perfect machine’ for him and his grounds staff.

Since opening in June 1999, the Principality Stadium (formerly known as the Millennium Stadium) has welcomed, on average, over 1.3 million visitors per year. It has played host to two Rugby World Cups including the final in 1999, three Wales Grand Slam successes in the RBS Six Nations, six FA Cup Finals and also witnessed a multitude of…

Read more…
Premium Supplier

Cut, collect and stripe with Even more Etesia models

Following the successful launch of the rear roller kit for their 41cm pedestrian rotary models last year, Etesia has announced that the kit is now also be available for 46cm models in their range.

Etesia pedestrian mowers have become world renowned for cutting and collecting in all…

Read more…
Premium Supplier

Etesia has launched three new battery-powered pedestrian rotary mowers – the PACS push and PACTS single speed 46cm models and the NACS push 41cm model. All new models are now also available with the new rear roller kit for easy, effortless striping.

The three new models offer extreme versatility with the ability to cut, collect and mulch without the need for an accessory. Users will be capable of mowing with or without collection in all conditions as well as undertake high-quality…

Read more…