Forum

Replies

• PRO

I could never get on with kneepads (the velcro strap seemed to hate me !).

So I was introduced to these and now always use when I'm kneeling down on the ground -

• Thanks; I will try that out. Cheers
    • PRO
      Now that looks proper comfy Gary, will have to check that kneeler out, thanks mate...
  • I use pads which go into my trousers unless its really wet, then I use the external ones. I have nailers and the assistant has a cheaper pair with full hard face

• PRO

+1 for trouser knee pads, I use Dickies ones which do the job well.  I just leave them in all the time, saves a trip to the van !

• PRO
    Don't use knee pads as they end up round my shins or on my thighs. I have taken to using old swim floats as they dry quickly are light brightly coloured and big. They seem to do the job well
  • PRO
    Thank you for all your feedback guys, will check out all options, many thanks Harry
  • I am a Snickers man & have the knee pads in my trousers & shorts permanently. They are an absolute godsend.  I have written to Snickers to say that we need a gardeners trouser with a waterproof outer to the knee pocket.  I might even attach some waterproof fabric myself.

• Those knee pads look good. I currently use two thick kneeling pads tied together. I also use a bench that also functions as a kneeling pad. The "legs" of the folding bench support my weight when getting up. 

• I could never get on with carrying something around. I find that having to drag gear around a garden is a problem when gardening quickly. I have adapted wheelie bins with tool carriers & I have a dog lead clip on my belt to carry a second Wolf tool head.  I kneel all the time - saves the back.  Good trousers with high quality knee pads may seem expensive but they are so worth it.

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Tree Surgeon

Employer: Bawden Group

Job Type: Full Time

Wiltshire tree surgeons Bawden Tree Care, is part of the Bawden Group a privately owned company, delivering tree care and… Continue

Grounds Maintenance Supervisor

Employer: Bawden Group

Team Leader / Supervisor required to manage team(s) of mobile grounds maintenance and gardening staff in the delivery of grounds… Continue

Skilled Landscaper required

Employer: Scott\'s elite landscapes

Undertake all aspects of hard and soft landscaping construction. Using machines and setting out sites.. managing projects… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs