Forum

Replies

• I give customer the option. They have council green waste bins and the council will uplift large quantities, up to 25 black bags plus bundles of tree trimmings etc for free. I have a green waste site in the next town and I quote £50 per load ( tipping fee time and diesel etc) I haven't tipped a load in five years.
    They are happy to fill in the online form to save the money and it saves me a pain in the mass for about £20 after costs
  • My customers would tell me where to get off at £40 per bag! In Cornwall the annual subscription for a 240 litre garden waste bin is only £35, and that covers 26 collections!

• The service local councils provide is a different thing- if you turn up at someone's house do a few hours of clearance and fill up a bulk bag, which incidentally can become very heavy for one man to shift on his own, that customer has to expect there is going to be a reasonable charge for it- your fuel, your time and your money to pay a third party to clear it are all charges you need to pass on- perhaps £40 is on the high side- if I'm honest, I don't charge everyone £40 but if I can get away with it - I will
      • I don't charge everyone £40 but if I can get away with it - I will   I'm probably in the minority here but can't help feeling you're trying to rip people off with statements like that!!

waste removal
        Hi everyone Just wondering what is thought to be the going rate for garden waste removal?
        • Sorry Graham, you're right! That statement sounds awful and I didn't mean it like that- what I mean is I believe my time, effort and costs equate to what I'd like to charge but with some customers, i.e. The ones I've had for longer I can't charge as much as I'd like :)
          waste removal
          Hi everyone Just wondering what is thought to be the going rate for garden waste removal?
  • I charge £10 per full bag. I don't always take the bag away on the day that the job is done if there is space to store it especially grass cuttings.  Had a lot of trouble drying the inside of the windscreen a few weeks ago after leaving 2 bags in the back.

It costs £35 a ton to tip. I don't count t my time to do it and it's not keeping g me from other work

• PRO
    £7.50 a bag is my charge for a bulk bag....that seems to be accepted by most. Or I will lend regulars bulk bags that they can take to the tip for free in their cars
    • PRO

You can buy the green waste disposable bags some local authorities use on line reasonable price, superior quality ,a joy to handle they fit in the van nicely and hold about 1/2 a tonne each, I will charge £10 to remove Two .

• PRO

think its also worth while to bear in mind not just volume but weight - i charge £10 per bulk bag ( max weight 50kg) knowing i can get 20 bulk bags in tipper and keeping to around the 1 tonne mark. it costs me £60 for full load so i normally wait until i get atleast a half load so it covers my costs time fuel to dispose. 

• I charge £35 a trailer (6x4) which is usually 2 x tonne bags, it costs £10 to dispose of it at a local site so for me it more than covers time and fuel costs. I generally fit the waste run on the journey to the first job close to waste disposal site. That's probably nothing compared to commercial waste disposal. Smaller bags I charge depending on number and collect enough to cover costs of waste run.
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Operative

Additional landscape operatives required by commercial soft landscape contractor based in Crondall for immediate start. Landscape CSCS/CPCS preferable but not essential as full training given. Competitive salary and advancement opportunities for the… Continue

Junior Gardener

JOB BACKGROUND: Do you have high standards?  Are you able to commit to a role and work hard to maintain those high standards?  Are you keen to start a career in the horticultural industry with a company that will support and train you? Our Junior… Continue

Landscaper

Countryside Services is expanding – we have an increasing amount of bespoke, designed gardens on our books and need new staff. Your commitment to us: to be enthusiastically hard working (in all weathers), keen to learn and prepared to work long… Continue

Gardener

Our client is a successful family business with clients in both the residential and commercial sectors. They are now ready for the business’s next stage of expansion. They really are passionate about gardening and landscaping, providing a vast range… Continue

Latest blog post

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…
PRO Supplier

After being selected as the official mower at the two most recent FIFA World Cup’s in South Africa and Brazil, Dennis Mowers will be the mower of choice for the 2018 tournament in Russia.

The Dennis G860 cylinder mower will have the task…

Read more…