Forum

Replies

• If a 6 yard skip costs £250, then the going rate would probably be £250/6 = £41.66, then you need to add your carrying costs and profit margin, so about £100 per cubic yard or thirteen pence per Ltr would be reasonable.

• Rarely do people pay skip hire prices for green waste though, there's simply no need. Though I do detect a hint of sarcasm in your comment! And where is a 6yd skip £250? I pay £140 for an 8yd!

• Well your very lucky then, because we pay £250 for a 6 yard in this area.

• PRO

That's it isn't it, there is a threshold price people will pay for waste removal. When the waste cost is nearly as much as the labour costs, I am sure people will be put off. Can't see many of my clients having double the bill due to waste.

• We have charged £10.50 per 90Ltr bin (thats the size of a dustbin) for years now. But we persuade almost all our customers to have council waste bags by telling them that the council charge £37 a year, which is very cheap compared to what we would have to charge them.

• Where are you? Im in surrey and we pay just shy of £250 for a 6yarder
      • I wish I'd had the foresight to charge £100 per cubic yard for all the green waste I've had to take away. I'd be worth more than Elon Musk by now !

• Fortunately, with regular "maintenance" jobs, I find I can get just about everything in the customers garden wheelie bin...... amazing how much they'll take when you tread it down. If there's a lot of bulky hedgecuttings, I just run the mower over them and they're about a third the  volume.

• The way I see it is, regular customers with garden bins - obviously no problem- when I get a clearance job or a one off job that is going to create large amount of waste I believe I can charge a premium and in honesty I blame it on the cost of clearing the waste - i never normally have a problem. Priced a job yesterday to cut back a willow at £350- she baulked, claiming she paid £100 two years ago- exactly I said, that was two years ago- there's two years of growth on that tree and I'm going to load a trailer of cuttings which will cost me to dispose of. We agreed on £300 and I'm thinking it'll be 6 hours work with my son - happy days :)
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs