Forum

Replies

• PRO
    £1.73 for a 240 litre bin full.

https://panddgreenwaste.wordpress.com/costs/
    SUBSCRIPTION
    Subscription Fee From the 1st April 2014 the annual subscription for one years collections (26 in total) is £45 per bin plus a one-off registration f…
    • Andrew- there is no way I'm going to be moving 240 litres of rubbish for £1.73!!
      Craig- that's the grey area as you can load a bulk bag up so heavy that it can be almost impossible for one man to move it, alternatively it can be very lightly packed - I was just wondering if anyone has a more accurate way of pricing it
      SUBSCRIPTION
      Subscription Fee From the 1st April 2014 the annual subscription for one years collections (26 in total) is £45 per bin plus a one-off registration f…
      • PRO
        Agreed, at that price the customer can have a bin on their own property throughout the year.

So that leaves determining a price for major clearances that produce more waste than the bin will take.

Andy
        SUBSCRIPTION
  • PRO

At the moment I charge £5 per 1 metre cubed bag. 

Costs £40 to empty our LWB van, and I can get up to 20 bags in it normally. So  I'll have taken £80 to £100 in waste charges, that extra covers time and fuel.

It's getting difficult to keep at £5 per bag, this year I have taken much more waste than last year, sometimes leaving it on clients site and picking up when we go to waste disposal meaning more time and fuel. Mostly I collect and store until I have enough to justify a waste run, taking one or two only doesn't seem a good use of time.

• Taking away the rubbish is another service that should be charged for. 

Try charging £10.50 per 90 Ltr bin. Customers are willing to pay extra to have the rubbish taken away.

• It seems to be an undervalued service- for a fiver, I wouldn't bother
        • PRO

Agree, been working through the numbers this year, getting to grips with a better method. 

Priced up a couple of green waste disposal companies to shift 16 bags, talking hundreds, much the same for waste skip hire, that is the commercial value of waste.

• That's what I'm talking about Scott, I know we are not trading as rubbish removal, but when you check the prices of skips, waste removal companies, hippo bags etc. They are all incredibly expensive and my outrageous £40 a bulk bag still works out at good value for the customer
            • PRO

Not sure I could still pick up the work at £40 a bag, but then I don't really know!

Where I am at is that this year I have had to take to odd morning off work to shift green waste. So, that mornings pay has to be covered. 

But then I don't really want to be doing it, not to the levels it is getting to. Paying a waste carrier to take it seems the best option, finding one is more difficult.

• Last time I produced a vanload of waste from a single domestic job I got a man and van waste removal guy in for £80 for the load. For me to take the time to load it up and take it to the farm I'd come out cash neutral at that price, so I cut the waste, leave it where it is and just get this guy in. I charge the customer exactly what he charges me as it's saving me hassle. 

Commercial I charge within the contract price. I know what I pay for a full load (van and trailer) at the farm then I charge a good 1hr rate on top, anything charged above those costs is profit. 

General domestic grass cuts and maintenance I put waste in the customer's council green bins (some customers have up to 8x240l bins, all collected as part of the council service!).

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Operative

Additional landscape operatives required by commercial soft landscape contractor based in Crondall for immediate start. Landscape CSCS/CPCS preferable but not essential as full training given. Competitive salary and advancement opportunities for the… Continue

Junior Gardener

JOB BACKGROUND: Do you have high standards?  Are you able to commit to a role and work hard to maintain those high standards?  Are you keen to start a career in the horticultural industry with a company that will support and train you? Our Junior… Continue

Landscaper

Countryside Services is expanding – we have an increasing amount of bespoke, designed gardens on our books and need new staff. Your commitment to us: to be enthusiastically hard working (in all weathers), keen to learn and prepared to work long… Continue

Gardener

Our client is a successful family business with clients in both the residential and commercial sectors. They are now ready for the business’s next stage of expansion. They really are passionate about gardening and landscaping, providing a vast range… Continue

Latest blog post

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…
PRO Supplier

After being selected as the official mower at the two most recent FIFA World Cup’s in South Africa and Brazil, Dennis Mowers will be the mower of choice for the 2018 tournament in Russia.

The Dennis G860 cylinder mower will have the task…

Read more…