About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Viking mb655vr on ebay

Hi everyone, my lovely wife was searching through eBay last night and came across a Viking mb655vr for sale at £425 , 2012 model being sold by Harry the cat, have heard some good feedback about Harry on here, worth a punt do you think? Would like to see what Viking roller mowers are like? Cheers

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Go for it Harry. I own 3 MB655VR one purchased from Harry the Cat.
    They really are the best mowers for all year round mowing of domestic lawns.
    • PRO
      Here's hoping, I am losing faith in mower companies atm, let's hope this is a new beginning ...;-)
  • I have the 650, and it's great. This was a wet lawn on Monday.

3314732337?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Hi Graham
      I owned 2 MB650VR and thought like you they did the job very well.
      I decided however to go to the next size up MB655VR.
      The roller size and most everything else is the same as the 650 but what you get is the increased power from the larger engine.
      Makes so much difference and I only do domestic lawns.
      Just quicker easier. Would never go back to the 650.
      • Yeah I'll probably replace mine with the 655 eventually, it was over budget at the time, but it's only 5 months old so it may be a while.

• PRO
      That's a nice cut mate, I was toying with getting the 19" but stumbled upon the 21" so thought I'd give it ago, nice bit of grass that too...;-)
      • Thanks, I'm quite pleased with this one. It was terrible when I took it on in April, full of weeds and had been left knee height for a long time. This is the end result with just a fortnightly cut and some overseeding.

• Why not trial one from your dealer?

As mentioned before, I loved mine when it was working but the reliability was a killer: more time in the workshop than on site, and eventually the dealer took the hit and refunded it. If you get a good one they are fantastic.

If anyone needs a spare grassbox I have one with a new indicator flap, collect only from HP15 and will be going on ebay, but happy to let it go to an LJN member for say £30? Was a 655VR but presmably would fit other 21" roller Vikings?

• PRO
      I was going to trial one when this mower came up and thought for the money I couldn't pass it up, thank you though Paul...
  • don't know about the mower but harry the cat is a great bloke had 3 or 4 etesias from him used one to destruction the other 2 still going strong the other is to I think I sold it to a friend

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…