About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Replies

• PRO

I was told my by Dealer that Viking mowers, apart from the pro (7series?) doesn't have commercial warranty as they are domestic machines..... i may be wrong though

• If your dealer is not familiar with you, I don't see how they'd know you were using it commercially......... not that I'm suggesting you don't tell them!!

• Maybe they would get a little suspicious if you took a mower in that had clocked up 400 hours wear and tare in 6 months! ;-)

• PRO
      Haha, just a touch mate, I've been using the same dealer for the last 20 years or so.... :-)
  • PRO
    hahaha, one yes and one No, I have contacted Viking themselves but still awaiting a reply, I have asked my dealer and like everyone else they are not sure as although they are one of the bigger distributors of machinery in my area they have not sold a 21" roller model in a couple of years, this is not to say Viking mowers are not good mowers, they just push for Hondas and Hayters on the sale floor....
    • PRO

VIKING – Warranty Periods
      All VIKING products shown in the current VIKING Sales Catalogue are covered for the period shown below.

Domestic use:
      ◾2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and R Series Lawn mowers - 5 years*
      ◾R4, T4, T5 and T6 Series Ride-ons - 5 years*
      ◾Lawn scarifier - 5 years*
      ◾Tillers and Shredders - 2 years
      ◾iMow - 5 years*

* Subject to product registration and annual servicing (otherwise 2 years).

Professional/Semi-professional use:
      ◾2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and R Series Lawn mowers - 1 year
      ◾R4, T4, T5 and T6 Series Ride-ons - 1 year
      ◾Lawn scarifier - 1 year
      ◾Tillers and Shredders - 1 year
      ◾iMow - not applicable

• PRO
        I could not find this info even on the website lol, so according to this, if I'm reading it right, the MB655VR comes with a year pro warranty yeah??? ;-)
        • yes , i think i read it a while back-      what about the  855 ???   i have s/hand

• PRO
    Harry, I use the 655vr and have to replace the roller,chain,& sprocket every season at the cost of £350 (dealer)
    Which I don't have a problem with at all, as they are the best alrounder roller mower for me, and my needs.... I've owned honda pro, hayter pro, the honda & hayter are stronger engines, but for alround speed,weight,wet pick up, the viking out classes them....and yes to me £350 is a snip....23456 series states 1 yr warranty commercial on web site, but do not get confused, it's not wear & tear!!!! Only defaults I.e split deck....they will not cover any wear problems at all....only the 7 series.... When the roller goes again I will be purchasing a weilbang legacy 48 pro went saltex to check them out, and Personaly I think they will take over Hondas rollers, heavy yes!!! Don't mind.....kawasaki engine, varible speed, spilt roller, it's looks bomb proof, plus!!!! 3 year commercial..
    Warranty, tried to buy 1 last month from greenreeper but sold out & they said theve got 2 contractors who swear buy them exalIant wet collection, 48 pro £1000 & 56 pro £1200, Harry before you may purchase a new 655vr check out a weilbang....
    • PRO
      Thank you for reply mate, I purchased a second hand MB655VR about a month ago and have been truly astonished with its collection capabilities, I have never ever used a roller mower that collects the way this Viking does in the wet, it just crams it in every time, I had high hopes and this exceeded them totally. Thank you also for feed back ref the warranty, the main reason I am after at least a years warranty is incase something catastrophic happens. My local dealer doesn't have any Weilbang mowers in but they do sell their Scarifier's so I'm guessing they would be able to get hold of a rep to give me a demo, will look into that Monday, I haven't ordered the Viking yet so the money is still on the table, I'm more than happy to go with any mower company that performs well and most of all has good wet collection capability in their mowers, now I've used this Viking my standards have been raised.... ;-)
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…