About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Vast difference between BR500 and BR600 blowers

Looking for opinions, 

last 2 years i have been using a Stihl BR600 Magnum, perfect blower and lots of power. I know this is the highest powered blower, 

i just purchased a used BR500 for one of my guys to use for the upcoming leaf season but it has left me underwhelmed. 

with the 600 you can feel the engine move on your back with power at full throttle and you can also feel it in your wrist whilst using it. 

the 500 doesn't have any of this and i no its a step down from the 600, but its a massive step! none of the above happens, its blows up i think its going to really struggle with wet leaves etc. 

Am i being stupid or should there not be such a difference in power? does it just need a tune up? 

checked the spark plug, fuel filter, took the back off to see the throttle cable and all looks fine?

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • PRO

Please don't, I'm dreading it already!!!

• This reply was deleted.
        • PRO

Ive got a BG85, not impressed with it at all, same thing, underpowered for what it is, the only piece of echo equipment i have is a blower and its more powerful ;)

• PRO

There is a difference; the BR550 is considered a quieter machine and it achieves that by stifling the air speed - has it got the baffle box on the tube ?

It's still a major player, but not when compared back to back with the 600.

Maybe possible to remove the baffle box or buy a BR600 tube

• PRO
      You beat me to it Gary...;-)
    • PRO

I was wondering what that box on the tube is designed for! reckon it would have more performance without it?

• PRO
    I purchased the BR450 for this coming season instead of the BR600 that I've used for the past 4 or so years and can say I'm really happy with it, it's moved back to the old skool 2 stroke engine from the 4 mix of the BR600 and the power difference is not noticeable, plenty of power and well up on the old BR430. Getting back to your 500 , the engine displacement is the same as the 600 but I think the tubes and nozzles etc are different ? Maybe change the nozzle may help?
    • PRO

Same as Gary above posted at the same time ;) 

didn't realise the nozzle would effect it that much, i could through my 600 nozzle on and see if that makes a difference

• PRO
        Yes, according to my machine tech, if you take the baffle box thing off or change the tubes that makes a good difference ..
        • PRO

I've heard the same, Harry

Given the BR500/600 appears to share the same engine, power etc I do not understand Stihl's pricing. It reminds of BMW/Porsche pricing...Less is more ;)

• yes to continue the car theme take the silencer off and if possible fit an atmospheric dump valve it boosts performance for all the young lads in hot hatches the pensioners locked inside their fortified bunglows love it  lol

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…