Forum

Van suggestions and reliability.

Hi All, after discussing racking systems for a small van, I now have to accept I need a bigger van. I currently have a Peugeot Partner, which has been great to start with but now struggle to get all the kit in it! Looking at a vauxhall vivaro sized van as a guide, considered the expert or dispatch but not hearing great things. Will also need to tow a 6x4 trailer with waste. Any suggestions from personal experience would be gratefully received. I'll have around £6000 for a van in a couple of months to give a rough guide. Thanks.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi David,
    I have had most makes of van throughout the years and I've found you can't go far wrong with a transit for reliability. It's just a shame they rust quicker than most
    • I've read they're a workhorse, I live on the coast and everything rusts here however well built. It's a shame Ford don't do more on the rust problem.
  • PRO
    I last changed my van getting my NV200 as a year old pre-registered vehicle four years ago, so it was twelve months old with the latest registration and 14 miles on the clock. The dealer took my Trafic as a deposit on RCI the Renault, Nissan bank did a HP deal.

So four years on I have a six year old van that is on a 12 plate and has 20,000 miles on the clock. I have had it serviced and bought five tyres, four were replaced as standing in the dealership stock yard for a year without moving is not good for the sidewalls and one of the replacements was then damaged.

Now I need to look after it and make it last at least another six years, preferably ten to see me through to retirement.

So basically I bought what I could get a good deal on at the time rather than choosing a specific deal.

If I were choosing a van now I would pay a lot more attention to the engine and fuel, the NV200 is Euro 5 and if I were to drive in London I will be penalised being charged penalty payments for access.

So in the current political climate I would be aiming for a Euro 6 engine though cost would still be a limiting factor.

The technology that I have never considered is Bluemotion where Adblue is used to reduce emissions in Volkswagen engines

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/about-us/technology/bluemotion-te...

I presume other manufacturers offer similar engines that use Adblue, is it something that should be given serious consideration?

Andy
    VW Vans: About BlueMotion Technology | VWCV (UK)
    See why BlueMotion technology, consisting of cruise control, low rolling resistance tyres, regenerative breaking and Start/Stop, can help you save mo…
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Grounds Maintence operative

Employer: IH MOWING LTD

Job Type: Full Time

An opportunity to join an expanding Grounds Maintenance Company based in Warwickshire. The ideal candidate will have experience and Knowledge of… Continue

Skilled Landscaper

Employer: Abbeyfield Landscapes

Job Type: Full Time

Abbeyfield Landscapes is a Southwest Landscaping and ground maintenance company and we are looking for a dedicated landscaper to… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO

Topdressing grass verges

HiI have a client who wants his existing grass verges raised and 'levelled' by approximately 25mm. He's had new steel edgings installed and wants to bring the verges up to the top of the edgings by topsoiling over the existing grass. What is the…
Read more…
Comments: 0