Forum

Turf preperation Dilemma due to rain

Hi, I hope you're all well. I am new to this forum so please go easy. I am in need of some advice. I have 270 square metres of turf coming on Saturday and I was in the process of Rotavating the lawn, levelling and then adding 20m3 of bs certified topsoil. Now unfortunately I only managed to level half the garden and it started to rain. It looks set to stay wet up until Saturday when we need to lay it. What do you think I should do. Should I try and add the topsoil and turf on Saturday? If I don't, the turf will die. So I am in a bit of a dilemma. 
Please find images attached of our ground prep so far.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "gardens dance" round this area

• It is a bit of a jig
        • PRO

we call it the 'soft shoe shuffle' :)

• Thought I was the only one left still doing this!! How many times have you heard, 'why don't you use a roller'?

• Just an update, I managed to postpone toe turf delivery yesterday with no problems. I also managed to rotavate and level the other third of the garden which worked a treat. Just going to let the garden dy out a bit now and then fork over a couple of pooling areas and then add the topsoil. Hoping we will get a few dry days so I can order the turf. Thank you all for your help people.
  • Helol all. I finally got to la the turf on the hottest days of the yr. It was a killer on the body. 2 days starting g at 7am and finishing at 10pm. Love the end result though
  • Can anyone tell me how to add pics to the reply option as I cannot see where.
    • PRO
      Lee, weep done :)

You can't add photos via a mobile browser device, you need to be on a desktop pc for the options/menu control bar to appear at the top the reply box.

We hope that will change as more features become added to the platform.
      • I see. Will get to my tablet a little later and post pics. Thank you for letting me know
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Grounds Maintence operative

Employer: IH MOWING LTD

Job Type: Full Time

An opportunity to join an expanding Grounds Maintenance Company based in Warwickshire. The ideal candidate will have experience and Knowledge of… Continue

Skilled Landscaper

Employer: Abbeyfield Landscapes

Job Type: Full Time

Abbeyfield Landscapes is a Southwest Landscaping and ground maintenance company and we are looking for a dedicated landscaper to… Continue

Latest blog post

PRO

Topdressing grass verges

HiI have a client who wants his existing grass verges raised and 'levelled' by approximately 25mm. He's had new steel edgings installed and wants to bring the verges up to the top of the edgings by topsoiling over the existing grass. What is the…
Read more…
Comments: 0

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO

Topdressing grass verges

HiI have a client who wants his existing grass verges raised and 'levelled' by approximately 25mm. He's had new steel edgings installed and wants to bring the verges up to the top of the edgings by topsoiling over the existing grass. What is the…
Read more…
Comments: 0