About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Stihl MS181 Chainsaw

Needing some help of anyone with the same saw.My throttle linkage came off today and I'm struggling to see how this twisty bit of metal reattaches to the throttle trigger, and operates the throttle. If anyone could upload or contact me with good photos of its location at both ends, and how it interacts with the carb gubbins.Thanks

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Possibly get you some tomorrow evening
    • That would be great, thanks.
  • Brace yourself - you need to detach the carb, then rotate it a bit to fit it in the other end of the linkage. It a pain, go somewhere quiet and clean and take your time. Use it as chance to clean everything as well. This is me working on a ms230 which shows it:

MS230 fuel system strip

• Hi, one in clip is a 230, looks more like the setup for the ms180. I checked a friend's 180 and totally different from my ms181.
      If anyone has a Ms181 that can upload photos or a video of the throttle rod location I'd get a better idea. Thanks
  • im on my second one of these

the spark plug rattled its way out and wore away all the threads....

• PRO
      Tip for next time is to put a helicoil in.
      It will give you a new thread to work from. A bit fiddly drilling out the old thread the right size but once you've done that you just put it in and then add spark plug.
      • i've been to 4 different dealers who can't find a helicoil to fit it :(

its sitting in bits on a mechanics workbench right now....

• PRO
          I've got an ms170 say in the garage in a box as it needed the oiler changing and the dealer was not very helpful saying he wanted 3 weeks to swop the bits. So I bought the spares and not had time to do it yet I had to buy another to get on with a few jobs.
          Another job for this winter if it ever arrives!
          It's amazing how much you use them for the odd 2 minute jobs. I would not be without one now.
        • They're not looking very hard

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…