Forum

Stihl 2stroke oils

Do people,out there use alternatives to the Stihl 2stroke and 4 mix oils or is it best to stick with the brand name? So far I have always used the Stihl oils but only because it is easier and I don't know much about the subject. Any thoughts?Peter.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Ben. Do you know if there is an easy way to de-coke the valves on the 4-mix engines
  • I'm currently useing husquvarna blue two stroke oil in sthil equipment and it runs better and quieter than , the red oil.
  • Many thanks for all the feedback.
    Is there a significant difference between the price of Stihl oils and a good quality synthetic oil from a motor factor?
    • PRO
      Not in my experience. I use the stihl green as I buy strimmer line and filters etc all in one go online it makes sense to buy together to save time and effort
      But I have bought from motor factors for the same kind of money in the past
    • PRO

Price wise I find they're all about the same as synth oils.

As long as its 2 stroke oil for air cooled engines and not water cooled 2t bikes iit will be fine.

• I use husqvana XP two stroke it is about £20 a litre but it runs a lot quieter and smoother and less smell than stihl oils. I ran my last Kawasaki strimmer on it for four years. In the end then drive bearing went but the top half of the engine was, according to the mechanic, brand new. I used it every day of the season for those years so a small investment in oil to keep a machine running all those years.
  • Chuck some food dye in your oil
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs