Forum

PRO

Start up advice

Hi all,

If you were starting up from scratch (non landscaping) what would be your top 10 most essential bits of kit that would provide a decent payback whether hand tools or powered?

I am in the early stages of setup and don't want to buy anything unnecessary.

Also do I keep my Landrover Defender 90 and buy a large mesh trailer or sell the Landrover (sob) and buy a panel van?

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks,

Trevor

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO
    Strimmer
    Mower
    Blower
    Hedge cutters
    Loppers
    Secateurs
    Hoe
    Rake
    Spring tine rake
    Spade
  • PRO

Richard forgot gloves lots of them in case you loss them. ton bags as well. If you buy cheaper tools which make sense early on, you may find that you regret this thought. I did bought screwfix tools, mid summer I ended up buying Stihl which is expensive but my god are they better

• PRO
      I did forget gloves amongst loads of other stuff:)
      10 wasn't many to choose from:)
      • PRO
        I reckon Richard is there with his list, I think the title should read top 10 tools required and top 10 essential bric-à-brac items, after all, having a strimmer is all well and good, but if you have no strimmer twine, fuel or 2-stroke then the machine is useless... ;-)
  • PRO

Safety equipment - ear defenders, safety glasses, steely boots etc. 

No direct payback of course, but wouldn't be without them.

• PRO

I'd definitely sell the Defender. I'm always amazed how much they make, and a Jap pickup will do the job better and more efficiently at half the price.

• PRO

I would include a pruning saw , a garden fork , mattock , sweeping brush , shovel , wheel barrow , telescopic lopper , some form of platform or step ladder for when working at heights . a good pair of garden shears and a decent flask for pouring substantial beverages , thermos king flasks are good they simply bounce when dropped .

• PRO

Forgot to add edging shears and edging iron .

• PRO

I loved my Land Rover 90 but selling it to buy a VW Transporter was the best thing I did.  Have a look at the Wolf Garten range of interchangeable hand tools, it helps a lot with storage.

Wolf link - click here

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs