About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Saltex review 2015 NEC Birmingham 4th & 5th November

Did you attend Saltex 2015 at the NEC? I'm currently en route back to LJN HQ and I will add to this thread in depth when I get back but in the meantime, so that we are able to add this Saltex review thread to this week's newsletter, please add your feedback. Please be frank.

The organisers, exhibitors and practitioners can gain a great deal if we all add our honest opinions of what worked and what didn't.

My review, quickly summarised:

Positives
Central location
Dry and not muddy

Negatives
Claustrophobic
Hot Stands too close together
Indoors
Small stands
No demonstrations
Expensive parking
Difficult access-road network too busy
Smaller show with less stands
No grass underfoot

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO Supplier

Very expensive parking! I have been to the NEC for a few trade shows in the past and the parking has been free for those.

• Don't forget that if you are members of the IOG you would of been able to get free parking. But do appreciate not everyone is a member.

• PRO
    Apologies for loss of formatting. I'm blaming GaryRK's iPad:)
  • PRO

Phil, Good summary and reflects my view. Pricing of the stands needs a serious look at. Lots of the old windsor exibitors have been priced out of attending. Those that did compensated by having a smaller stand.

Big loss of atmosphere - I think down to it being a shared venue and lack of demos.

I hope Saltex can address some of the negatives.

• PRO

It was my first one, so have nothing to compare it to.

I enjoyed the day, though couldn't find the progreen stand, the guys at agrigem gave me a nice cup of coffee, disappointingly  didn't get to meet the infamous Ollie.

I liked the location, stepped off the plane, jumped onto the shuttle train over to the NEC, job done.

I would have liked a few more seminars.

• Sorry I missed you Robbie!. Progreen were only there as visitors, not as exhibitors. A small number of us met up with Phil (LJN), Louise and Richard (PG) on Wednesday afternoon.

I deliberately missed the seminars because they appeared to be aimed at the amenities and sports people rather than the generalist garden/small biz maintenance and hard scaping businesses.

Like you I have nothing to compare with but still felt I learned a lot about some of the machinery available including what can be hired if I can't justify the purchase due to useage levels. Also some useful "just in case" contacts for new opportunities which may or may not come off.

• Great on a whole but I felt exhibitors were cramped. Not being outside is quite a big deal. For example I would have loved to see how the Etesia retro-fit roller works when you complete you're end of line turn and have the drive engaged. Mind you in a few years time it won't need to be outside because everything will be battery powered!

• First time to Saltex, my thoughts from a small garden build and maintenance company.

Good location, easy to get to by train.
    Lot of manufacturers I'd never heard of.
    Not many demos.
    Everything is going battery powered by the looks of it.
    Lack of freebies. Not one free pen!
    Mainly geared up for the big boys, expensive amenity grounds machinery.

It was an interesting few hours but didn't feel there was a great deal for me that I couldn't have seen at my local machinery dealers.
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0