Forum

Replies

• PRO
    #paving hashtag on Twitter
    See Tweets about #paving on Twitter. See what people are saying and join the conversation.
  • PRO

I did see that Phil, It's not great. But again this amplifies the need for some change within the industry surely.

• PRO

But if a so-called accredited installer can get away with this (or not) then how can any system be policed, Matt?

All of the current so-called accreditation schemes are self-governed, therefore there's a huge conflict of interest immediately.

Anyone recall the spat between APL vice-chairman (as he was then) and Marshalls about the quality of some of the Marshalls' member companies? It demonstrated to me then - and there's been little to change my mind - that these schemes are flawed.

There's too much spin on promotion and not enough hard facts on failures. These schemes are just not transparent enough.

For anything to work it would have to be centralised and independent. However it couldn't be policed.

I still maintain that governance comes down to the individual.

Less emphasis needs to be put on RHS show gardens and directed at continuous development training and business acumen.

To my mind it's just as serious offence for a business to go bust owing creditors money as it is to lay a dodgy patio. What never gets reported is the amount of business that enter into administration leaving clients and creditors out of pocket. This needs to change.

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs