About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Quickbooks online accounting software 2015

As part of a new accountancy system, I have the opportunity to use Quick Books online accountancy package, which looking into it seems a good offering.

As I understand it, invoicing and quotes can be generated through the program as well as it handling the 'accountancy' side of things.

Thus making it easier to highlight persistently overdue or 'bad' accounts, also offering a tie up with Intuit pay to allow taking 'on the go' card payments.

Does anyone out there use this system - did have a search but mainly pulling up quite old posts.

Bearing in mind that this will be my first computerized system, is it easy to use and does it present the data in a 'manageable' way?

(IE is it worth the £140 a year investment?)

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

I use it Adam and  find it perfect as everything there and its so easy to use  i was sceptical at first but after trailing many software's and allot of advise of members on here i went with QB mate

• I use QB online essentials and find it amazing. I don't use the reports that much, but they are very good. It shows all accounts which are overdue and for reconciling it you can 'train' it to recognise who a payment is from and for what invoice

• PRO

Hi Adam, we use QB Pro Desktop but I am reasonably conversant with the Online product through experience with Accountancy packages and Scheduling systems.  Most application providers are now moving over to Cloud / Online solutions (nicknamed 'SaaS' solutions) for many reasons.

We do not use the Online product due to a couple of "needs" that will not be a worry to you.

For most Micro or SME's this product should be a good fit, but the Online product has a number of features missing which are to be expected in the future releases. It mainly relates to Vat reporting, enhanced managment accounts reportings and mutli currency invoicing, so should not be an issue for 90%+ of users. Check out the product comparison on the Intuit website.

However, the benefits are strong - instant/anywhere access, automatic data backup, always current software versions and usefully - you can allow your book keeper and accountants remote access to perform accounts works (thus reducing your fees).

The only negatives are recurring software costs (countered by above benefits) and no access if your broadband or 3G/4G is down. But hey, that's the same for any online system (even LJN :-) !

• i use it

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…