Forum

Replies

• PRO

Sorry Can't think of a reay why you wouldn't use it etc

• I have been using QB since May this year and have found it very simple to produce invoices and record expenses. My accountant is the administrator of my QB so if I have any issues she can sort it out. For example, I have asked her to include several more 'fields' to include Fuel, Garden Sundaries etc.

My only gripe is you have to check manually if the invoices been paid before you can record it as paid. Otherwise a relatively cheap package that works for me.
  • PRO

We started with QB just over a month ago and its made such a dramatic decrease in our workload. We also use receipt bank which also connects with QB and you just photograph every receipt you get and then upload it and all your expenses are then recorded too. I use it mainly on my smart phone and once you get the hang of it its superb. 

• Just to upset the Apple cart. Have a look at waveapps (wave) entirely free, it’s amazingly simply.
    Can also take card payment through it for a small surcharge.

I compared to wuickbooks and preferred it so stuck with.
  • Hi all, I have looked at sage and quickbooks. My accountant is pushing sage but hearing a lot of good things about quickbooks. Have you looked at sage?
  • PRO

Maybe turn the question around and ask why he is pushing it ?

Is it better four you? If so he should be able to explain why.

Is it that he only knows Sage? If so, is he making life convenient for himself, not you?

Is he part if Sage's Reseller network? If so, is he on commission and is his choice independant? 

Our Accountant has expertise on Sage, QB & Xero. Although on QB Pro Desktop, they supported our use due to Job Costing feature etc as it is well suited to Contractors.

However, the use of any mainstream accounting sw will benefit a growing business.

• My accountant would support the use of both software applications and suggested I review and decide myself. He does personal prefer sage but that is down only to his experience but he did say they are very similar functionality wise. I was interested if any one had used both or switched from one to the other for any reason. As a growing business I will need to start using one package this year.
    • PRO

Sage is old school. Quickbooks & Xero & receipt bank are new generation software and much more user-friendly. Previously sage would mainly have been used by accountants and the like. 

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs