Forum

PRO

PPE, Helmets and ear defenders

Further to a previous discussion, ( Adam Woods- Phew, I'm glad I was wearing the right kit), I am looking to get a new helmet for strimming/hedgetrimming. Currently I use a Stihl mesh visor,helmet, ear defenders combo. This one has lasted me for 3 years but to  be honest, the ear defenders aren't great and I think I've probably pushed my luck far enough with the visor. Also, I could do with some separate ear defenders for mowing. As with everything, I would sooner pay for quality than be buying them again in a month or so......or something worse.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO
      We've just bought Husqvarna ear defenders with built in fm radio. We've attached a cheap shuffle MP3 player off eBay £3, so we can listen to the radio or our own tunes whilst mowing. Absolutely fantastic , wish we'd bought them years ago.
    • Balance is the brand, husky stuck their sticker on.
      • I guess you just pay £15 for Husky stickers then!

• Balance helmet, plastic mesh visors much better than the metal ones for not getting torn, bent in the back of the van etc, sordin ear defenders are the top end, meet the spec for grab fed chippers etc. Bar replacing the of visor as and when, the rest should last 5 years which is the UV lifespan of the helmet.
  • Sitting on a mower is ok in my book for having headphones but hand held kit, strimmers, hedge cutters, saws etc, it's really not best practice to be distracted like that
  • PRO

I have just got a cheap "eneso" one of amazon for £15

It is nice and comfy, solid and it looks like I should be able to change the ear defenders for some peltor ones, just looks like a normal hard hat fitting 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MQIUHBM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

ESENO INDUSTRIAL CHAINSAW/FORESTRY SAFETY HELMET KIT WITH EAR DEFENDERS, VISORS & NECK GUARD: Amazo…
    Shop ESENO INDUSTRIAL CHAINSAW/FORESTRY SAFETY HELMET KIT WITH EAR DEFENDERS, VISORS & NECK GUARD. Free delivery and returns on eligible orders
  • PRO

Thanks for the advice guys.

• PRO
    Ear defenders are Optime 3 by Peltor. Excellent defenders. I wear voltx overglasses goggles for eye protection. And i have a free standing visor i have had for years. I also have a Husky hat/ear defenders and visor combo for chain saw and over head work.
  • when i can afford, i will buy a pfanner helmet, like the fire service. its breathable so does not heat up, its has a clear visor just over eyes and has a full mesh visor. the defenders are chipper proof so no need for a separate set for chippers. £150. but well worth the money. i do have  a husky pro with neck guard love that and that is a good helmet. works well but you sweat in it

• thanks all for posts, some good advice on ppe, i know il be shopping this weekend!

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs