Forum

PRO

PPE, Helmets and ear defenders

Further to a previous discussion, ( Adam Woods- Phew, I'm glad I was wearing the right kit), I am looking to get a new helmet for strimming/hedgetrimming. Currently I use a Stihl mesh visor,helmet, ear defenders combo. This one has lasted me for 3 years but to  be honest, the ear defenders aren't great and I think I've probably pushed my luck far enough with the visor. Also, I could do with some separate ear defenders for mowing. As with everything, I would sooner pay for quality than be buying them again in a month or so......or something worse.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

I had the Stihl helmet but same problem with the ear defenders not making contact with ears , fortunately it got stolen so i bought an oregon with mesh visor and ear defenders which was a great well fitting helmet until it also got stolen but i soon replaced it with same one from machine mart , under £20 compared to the Stihl which cost over £40 .

• PRO
    Husqvarna balance helmets are what we use. Build quality is better than the Stihls and they are cheaper too.
    • PRO

Another vote for the Husky helmet, not had any problems with mine and it gets thrown around a bit.

• PRO
        Yep, mines the Husqvarna also..
  • PRO

Thanks for the replies, guys. Looks like I'll be ordering the Husky. I'm going to go for some Husky ear defenders too for using the mower. I've always brought Stanley Premium Ear Defenders previously but altough good at muffling the noise, I find they tend to damage easily in the rough and tumble of working.

• PRO
      For Ear Defenders on their own we use Peltor Optime II which are comfy and very much fit for purpose.
      • PRO

agree with those -- cant complain about them -- have been great 

• PRO

plus one

• PRO

me too - nice and comfy to wear for long periods and do the job well reducing sound levels. 

• I use a copy of the husky Balance helmet (called the Balance helmet) which i got from Honey brothers, i have chipper spec defenders and can't fault it.  I think it was about £30.

Its out of date now so will be replacing it with the same one. 

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Operative

Additional landscape operatives required by commercial soft landscape contractor based in Crondall for immediate start. Landscape CSCS/CPCS preferable but not essential as full training given. Competitive salary and advancement opportunities for the… Continue

Junior Gardener

JOB BACKGROUND: Do you have high standards?  Are you able to commit to a role and work hard to maintain those high standards?  Are you keen to start a career in the horticultural industry with a company that will support and train you? Our Junior… Continue

Landscaper

Countryside Services is expanding – we have an increasing amount of bespoke, designed gardens on our books and need new staff. Your commitment to us: to be enthusiastically hard working (in all weathers), keen to learn and prepared to work long… Continue

Gardener

Our client is a successful family business with clients in both the residential and commercial sectors. They are now ready for the business’s next stage of expansion. They really are passionate about gardening and landscaping, providing a vast range… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…
PRO Supplier

After being selected as the official mower at the two most recent FIFA World Cup’s in South Africa and Brazil, Dennis Mowers will be the mower of choice for the 2018 tournament in Russia.

The Dennis G860 cylinder mower will have the task…

Read more…