Forum

Replies

• PRO

Gary and John, are we talking about this particular Clarke machine?

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-pls265-heavy-duty-petrol-dri...

Clarke PLS265 Heavy Duty Petrol Driven Pressure Washer - Machine Mart - Machine Mart
    • PRO

Hi Steven Why do you ask are you familiar with this particular machine ?

Clarke PLS265 Heavy Duty Petrol Driven Pressure Washer - Machine Mart - Machine Mart
      • PRO

Hi John - Just interested for future reference : )

• PRO

Hi Steven , Thanks , Sorry i was feeling defensive (-: , I have gone for the PLS195 heavy duty model which i feel will be suitable for my requirements , I will certainly keep you updated on its performance and reliability . 

• PRO
    https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-pls265-heavy-duty-petrol-dri...
  • PRO
    During this discussion there has not been any mention of accessories that may be used with the washer; neither has there been a mention of fuel consumption.

Fuel consumption may well run at fifteen quids worth a day, so is worth a thought

Andy
    • PRO

Hi Andy i wouldn't run a petrol pressure washer all day , every day .  the running costs will hopefully all be recouped in the wash , no pun intended .  

I am intending its use to also  provide my customers with an additional service so they don't have to buy stone cleaning services in from other companies , I am not going out there as a dedicated pressure washing professional just an occasional user , hence the choice . 

• PRO
    When buying generators in the past I have bought high end Honda machines as they have speed regulators that give efficient idling reducing the fuel bills, but I could still get through two gallons a day.

As far as I know Honda have never built a complete pressure washer, so they are all mix and match units.

I was in a discussion about washing horses with pressure washers this morning at a local livery yard. They are going to have a new pressure washer that can use hot water, the pump is ceramic rather than metal, the old washer pump wasn't coping with the hot water, though comment was made that if the water was too hot for the washer pump then it was too hot for the horses, which is no doubt true.

Andy
    • PRO
      I'm intrigued! Do you not charge fuel out to clients? Or is this private stuff?
  • PRO
    Always on a piecework rate, so any savings were, are mine.
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs