Forum

Replies

• PRO

I use a product called Algone.

I used to do the gardens for the bloke who invented it 20 years ago.

That's how I know about it. 

Good stuff.

• Oh I can here the fingers typing away.... But here goes, Sodium hypochlorite, aka bleach used along with a suitable surfactant and diluted to the correct strength is an awesome cleaner of hard surfaces. Google soft washing for more info.
    • PRO

Surely Sodium Hypochlorite is subject to COSHH disposal methods?

Product labels say "Do not allow to enter natural watercoures". 

As an example, Softwash UK sell it, all of the intended uses are disposed of by drain, with dilution guidance. 

Really can't see how this can be legitimately used and allowed to drain off in to natural watercourses.

• PRO

ive been looking into adding patio an drive way cleaning to my business and virtually all of the people ive spoken to that do it as their main business all use hyposodium chloride which is just washed off onto lawns and flower beds its insane  

• Chris, the chemical name is Sodium Hypochlorite, when diluted to correct level and a surfactant is used it doesn't run off, if it is running off your simply wasting money. It oxidizes and leaves behind salt which is why you rinse after a suitable dwell time. Any product used incorrectly has the potential to cause harm.
  • PRO Supplier

Our algae cleaning staple...Algoclear & Algoclear PRO - PRO is a 40% concentration so coverage is excellent for commercial use - HERE

Richard@Progreen

AlgoClear Pro 5L | Moss | Algae | Lichen | Progreen - ProGreen
    Remove moss, lichen & algae fast - Professional strength product - Use on most surfaces - Fast UK delivery - Free advice
    • PRO

I moved from MMC pro to Algoclear PRO this year and it's the bees knees

AlgoClear Pro 5L | Moss | Algae | Lichen | Progreen - ProGreen
      Remove moss, lichen & algae fast - Professional strength product - Use on most surfaces - Fast UK delivery - Free advice
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Operative

Additional landscape operatives required by commercial soft landscape contractor based in Crondall for immediate start. Landscape CSCS/CPCS preferable but not essential as full training given. Competitive salary and advancement opportunities for the… Continue

Junior Gardener

JOB BACKGROUND: Do you have high standards?  Are you able to commit to a role and work hard to maintain those high standards?  Are you keen to start a career in the horticultural industry with a company that will support and train you? Our Junior… Continue

Landscaper

Countryside Services is expanding – we have an increasing amount of bespoke, designed gardens on our books and need new staff. Your commitment to us: to be enthusiastically hard working (in all weathers), keen to learn and prepared to work long… Continue

Gardener

Our client is a successful family business with clients in both the residential and commercial sectors. They are now ready for the business’s next stage of expansion. They really are passionate about gardening and landscaping, providing a vast range… Continue

Latest blog post

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…
PRO Supplier

After being selected as the official mower at the two most recent FIFA World Cup’s in South Africa and Brazil, Dennis Mowers will be the mower of choice for the 2018 tournament in Russia.

The Dennis G860 cylinder mower will have the task…

Read more…