Forum

PRO

Hi Guys

I am currently looking at getting some new power tools for my garden maintenance setup, can anyone recommend anyone online that are reasonably priced and have used before?

Thanks in advance.

Dan 

Sandhurst Garden Services

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Agree , I think Richard was just perhaps meaning a direct answer to a direct question would be helpful but with the nature of the question it's inevitable that the dealer word will crop up eventually .

• PRO

Yes maybe that would of been a good idea colin! ;)

• PRO

That was my point!! You don't support those so you go elsewhere...Ie online!! Where most of all other consumer transactions take place!!!

• PRO

...but only after you have truly lookws for alternative bricks&mortar stores tho......

This main difference is in that word - consumer, or commodity items...

• PRO
    Nobody has mentioned EBay.

It now seems that for machines and tools EBay is just a vehicle to get you to the sellers own website, there is a firm local to me selling spares and parts that has over half a million EBay sales, however if you go to the effort of finding their own website you are greeted with the message that what you want will be cheaper than their EBay shop.

It seems that all firms like this now add the EBay selling fees onto the price they advertise on on EBay, so their own website is cheaper.

So it’s worth having a look around EBay you find suitable suppliers with whom you can deal direct.

Andy
  • PRO

I should have also made it clear that WGM are a dealer and online retailer aka Mow with Us...so best of both worlds.

• PRO

Just to stoke this fire a little ... ;)

Agree with Andrew and I don't know any online GM store that is not also bricks&mortar, unlike true web based entities - true or false ?

So, if there is two-tier prices for physical/online stores where do the cheaper prices come from - no or little PDI, reduced admin time dealing with prospect, ordering and from a saving in subsequent servicing overhead etc ?

If wise, you can end up with 'online' prices from a bricks&mortar dealer if you build a good business relationship.....

Is that a fair summary ?

• PRO

Their my friend is the beginning of where retail for this industry will go....and its only not gone that way as their is a clear need for hand holding through the transaction as this thread proves...

This reply was deleted.

Industry Jobs

Garden maintenance operatives – full and part time – Tunbridge Wells area

Experienced gardeners – start a new and exciting career in 2018 Work in the Tunbridge Wells, Uckfield, Lewes and surrounding areas – 7 hour working days Full time – up to £26k, holidays, tools supplied Self employed,  £14.28 – £15.71 per hour Are you an experienced and/or qualified gardener looking for a new and

Landscaper

HortiServices Ltd are well respected Professional Landscapers in South Cambridgeshire, providing design, installation and maintenance services. Our success can be attributed to the loyalty of our customers, high quality of our work and our willingness to go the full mile for our clients. Due to our successful growth we are recruiting for landscaper/landscape labourer to

Hard Landscape Foreman

You will have at least 3 years’ experience of running domestic landscaping projects with project values ranging from 20k-150k, producing work on time to an exceptional standard. Key skills: – ·         Proficient at all aspects of hard and soft landscaping with experience of working with a wide range of materials and budgets. ·         A very

Experienced Landscape Gardener

We are seeking an experienced hard landscaper to join our growing team. The prospective candidate must be proficient and experienced in, patios, decking, stone and brick walling, using site levels and familiar with drainage and be able to work from site drawings/plans. Must be able to work unaided and/or as part of a team.

If you've received help from the Landscape Juice Network and you'd like to say thank you, why not make a small donation?

The site is maintained as an indpendent industry resource and it's become an essential tool for those working in the landscape industry.

Thank you

Phil Voice

Founder Landscape Juice

Make a donation

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs

PRO Supplier

Cold Start Kick Starts Edgbaston’s Greens

Eddie Mills, Course Manager at Edgbaston Golf Club in Birmingham, believes that his fully integrated iTurf programme has helped him maintain his particularly stubborn clay-based greens to an exceptional standard.

Established in 1896,…

Read more…