Forum

PRO

Hi Guys

I am currently looking at getting some new power tools for my garden maintenance setup, can anyone recommend anyone online that are reasonably priced and have used before?

Thanks in advance.

Dan 

Sandhurst Garden Services

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO
      I am reasonably local to them and could work in a visit to them as part of a shopping trip to Merry Hill, but if I had to make a specific trip to pick up that saw it would probably still work out cheaper to get it locally. Particularly if I ordered it for collection only from the local dealerships’ online company, I’d still get the handover chat anyway when I picked it up.

Andy
  • PRO
    We still have a family firm of Saw Doctors local to me, they will sharpen anything from tipped drills through to wide stellite tipped band blades for your saw mill. They would be my first port of call for any sharpening required rather than a tool sales dealership.

Sometimes you need to find different people to work on the same equipment for the best outcome. I actually feel that in this age of the internet we have less choice of where we go for goods and services.

Andy
  • PRO
    Hi Dan. Check out Honeybrothers and F R Jones and Son. They have online shops and physical shops so best of both worlds. They are the two biggest Arboricultural suppliers in the south east of England - in a price war - their business model is low wholesale price, high volume sales. Make sure they know your in the trade. Obviously they won't post Sthil chainsaws due to Sthil' s sale policy - but alot of arborists i know are going husqvana anyhows. I think honeybrothers is nearest to you as they are close to Guildford. Any orders over £70 are posted free by both. All their prices are on their websites. Non-negotiable generally. So easy to compare to others.

Good luck and happy New year.
  • PRO

Hmm, I've been call many things, but not sanctimonious before. Ho hum.

• PRO
      I’m sure it’s all done with the best intentions but that’s the way it can come across.
      I like to keep things simple.
      I’ll leave you all to it:)
  • PRO

F R Jones are cheap and excellent.https://www.frjonesandson.co.uk

Welcome
    Garden machinery, forestry and tree surgery supplies from FR Jones and Son
  • As mentioned earlier, FR Jones have always provided an excellent, well priced service. Though I haven't tried this part of their service, they will deliver online, items that require a handover as they do their own deliveries and the driver does the "handover". Obviously, there is a limit to how far they'll deliver from South London. 

• PRO

I think Richard has very valid points.....why should you bend over backwards and support a company for poor expensive service...you pays your money ect...

• PRO

I don’t think anyone was suggesting supporting a dealer providing poor, expensive service?

It maybe that for Richard that is all he has access to, in which case you would look at alternatives and/or including online dealers.

Let‘s be pragmatic about it - like many, I look to support local businesses first, but if not available for what ever reason then look for good recommended mail order/online options.

• Maybe Dan should have added "...........because I have no local dealer" or something similar to his post, the replies wouldn't have gone off at a tangent! ;-)

This reply was deleted.

Industry Jobs

Garden maintenance operatives – full and part time – Tunbridge Wells area

Experienced gardeners – start a new and exciting career in 2018 Work in the Tunbridge Wells, Uckfield, Lewes and surrounding areas – 7 hour working days Full time – up to £26k, holidays, tools supplied Self employed,  £14.28 – £15.71 per hour Are you an experienced and/or qualified gardener looking for a new and

Landscaper

HortiServices Ltd are well respected Professional Landscapers in South Cambridgeshire, providing design, installation and maintenance services. Our success can be attributed to the loyalty of our customers, high quality of our work and our willingness to go the full mile for our clients. Due to our successful growth we are recruiting for landscaper/landscape labourer to

Hard Landscape Foreman

You will have at least 3 years’ experience of running domestic landscaping projects with project values ranging from 20k-150k, producing work on time to an exceptional standard. Key skills: – ·         Proficient at all aspects of hard and soft landscaping with experience of working with a wide range of materials and budgets. ·         A very

Experienced Landscape Gardener

We are seeking an experienced hard landscaper to join our growing team. The prospective candidate must be proficient and experienced in, patios, decking, stone and brick walling, using site levels and familiar with drainage and be able to work from site drawings/plans. Must be able to work unaided and/or as part of a team.

If you've received help from the Landscape Juice Network and you'd like to say thank you, why not make a small donation?

The site is maintained as an indpendent industry resource and it's become an essential tool for those working in the landscape industry.

Thank you

Phil Voice

Founder Landscape Juice

Make a donation

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs

PRO Supplier

Cold Start Kick Starts Edgbaston’s Greens

Eddie Mills, Course Manager at Edgbaston Golf Club in Birmingham, believes that his fully integrated iTurf programme has helped him maintain his particularly stubborn clay-based greens to an exceptional standard.

Established in 1896,…

Read more…