Forum

PRO

Hi Guys

I am currently looking at getting some new power tools for my garden maintenance setup, can anyone recommend anyone online that are reasonably priced and have used before?

Thanks in advance.

Dan 

Sandhurst Garden Services

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO
                      No I won’t! This all started because Andrew instead of answering the question and I will quote “use your local supplier”.
                      Now that’s the kind of thing that you seem not to want to hear from me.
                      I’m not a moderator and wouldn’t be.
                      You told me I should not have written my response to Andrews first comment.
                      I don’t recall saying your opinion was wrong I just disagree with it.
                      I did say that answering “what online dealer to use” with “use local dealer” is wrong because it’s not answering the question as I said before.
                      I think some of the problem is things aren’t the same as they were 30 years ago, you may have used the same dealers for all that time and all that time ago there were more dealers so they had to try hard to keep you. I know that in the last ten years around here 5 dealers have shut resulting in higher prices and worse service as there isn’t much competition.
                      If the op had said “where is the best place to buy stuff” I would agree to try the local dealer as it’s worth a try as his dealer may be good.
        • PRO

What are these 'very good reasons'? As far as I can see it's just price fixing.

I can buy the Husquvarna equivalent of any Stihl tool online with no issues.

• PRO
    Mow with us is good for Honda stuff<br/>
    Stihl will have to be local dealer.<br/>
    FR Jones and son is another good one.<br/>
    Spares l and s engineers is good
    • PRO
      Mowwithus is WGM ( Winchester Garden Machinery) isn’t it mate?
      • PRO
        No idea to be honest harry!
        I nearly bought a mower from them last year then changed my mind and bought the weibang!
        (I was going to get the Honda mulcher again)
        I’ve heard quite good things about them as well.
        If I had that kind of dealer locally I would be happy.
        My br700 I got for £504 when I was away and passed a dealership. The local dealer wanted £700!
        I don’t mind paying a bit extra for local dealers but not 40%!
        • PRO
          Totally get that mate, I’ve gone down the route of using a smaller local company now as they are aware that I can’t wait around when I need Machinery fixing ASAP even when under warranty, the turn around for fixing my Machinery is great, but you have to find that good dealer that will work with you. It’s all well and good supporting your local dealer but if they are not offering the service you need then they deserve to lose your business, if they sell you a machine and take 4 weeks to repair it then your not getting a good professional service . just my ipinion ..
          • PRO
            Yeah, Mowwithus is WGM.
          • PRO
            There lies the problem in Lincolnshire! 95% if the dealers are agri dealers and aren’t interested in me and my £2k or so a year. One tractor sold is more profitable than 20 of the likes of me and you buying hedge cutters etc, I’m sure they only sell them as an extra for the farmers!
  • PRO

Radmore and Tucker or Forest and Arb are my go to's. But I only buy ancillaries from online stores.

• PRO

Radmore & Tucker, used them last year, good with comms, delivery dates/ status, happily use them again.

This reply was deleted.

Industry Jobs

Garden maintenance operatives – full and part time – Tunbridge Wells area

Experienced gardeners – start a new and exciting career in 2018 Work in the Tunbridge Wells, Uckfield, Lewes and surrounding areas – 7 hour working days Full time – up to £26k, holidays, tools supplied Self employed,  £14.28 – £15.71 per hour Are you an experienced and/or qualified gardener looking for a new and

Landscaper

HortiServices Ltd are well respected Professional Landscapers in South Cambridgeshire, providing design, installation and maintenance services. Our success can be attributed to the loyalty of our customers, high quality of our work and our willingness to go the full mile for our clients. Due to our successful growth we are recruiting for landscaper/landscape labourer to

Hard Landscape Foreman

You will have at least 3 years’ experience of running domestic landscaping projects with project values ranging from 20k-150k, producing work on time to an exceptional standard. Key skills: – ·         Proficient at all aspects of hard and soft landscaping with experience of working with a wide range of materials and budgets. ·         A very

Experienced Landscape Gardener

We are seeking an experienced hard landscaper to join our growing team. The prospective candidate must be proficient and experienced in, patios, decking, stone and brick walling, using site levels and familiar with drainage and be able to work from site drawings/plans. Must be able to work unaided and/or as part of a team.

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

If you've received help from the Landscape Juice Network and you'd like to say thank you, why not make a small donation?

The site is maintained as an indpendent industry resource and it's become an essential tool for those working in the landscape industry.

Thank you

Phil Voice

Founder Landscape Juice

Make a donation

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs

PRO Supplier

Cold Start Kick Starts Edgbaston’s Greens

Eddie Mills, Course Manager at Edgbaston Golf Club in Birmingham, believes that his fully integrated iTurf programme has helped him maintain his particularly stubborn clay-based greens to an exceptional standard.

Established in 1896,…

Read more…