Forum

Replies

  • PRO Member

    It looks a very nice website easy on the eye and informative, only slight thing I would say is that have your

    Home Service Portfolio Contact , text a couple of points larger and maybe in bold type too. And maybe a little more text about your company on the home page, important to give veiwers an instant hit about what you do as soon as they land on your home page.

    Other than that its a very good site 

  • thanks for your comments. another pair of eyes and some opinions always helps

  • Really good i personally like homepages quite low on text so its suits me great! My only critic is The large banner images are too low resolution 

  • Very sleek - looks very very good.

    However from a traffic generation point the very small amount of text won't help you in the search engines.

    The contact details although easy enough to find when you look - could be made more obvious. Maybe a few calls to action for example on the services page it gives a simple and appealing account of what you offer but you  really have to spell it out online what you want your visitor to do.

    Which I'm assuming is pick up the phone and invite you over to discuss a project.

  • looks excellent - quick to load, easy to navigate, great projects, a good balance of pics and written info, clean and inviting layout. I spotted a typo in your client testimonial - an 'is' instead of 'it'! It would be nice to be able to click on an image to get a full screen or larger version but I don't think this will put anyone off, and at least it means it is quick to load this way.

    I thought your fees and contract values looked low for the apparent scope of the work...?

    www.chameleongardens.co.uk

  • thanks. I was thinking that as well..  might have to upgrade my hosting to allow for larger images 

    Simon Smith said:

    Really good i personally like homepages quite low on text so its suits me great! My only critic is The large banner images are too low resolution 

  • thanks.....will change the typo...oops


    Rose Lennard said:

    looks excellent - quick to load, easy to navigate, great projects, a good balance of pics and written info, clean and inviting layout. I spotted a typo in your client testimonial - an 'is' instead of 'it'! It would be nice to be able to click on an image to get a full screen or larger version but I don't think this will put anyone off, and at least it means it is quick to load this way.

    I thought your fees and contract values looked low for the apparent scope of the work...?

    www.chameleongardens.co.uk

  • thanks, I'm not really up on how search engines work. maybe if i submitted more text heavy pages to the search engines might help ?

    I was thinking I might add a full contacts page with email form type to fill in..... not sure as I always by-pass those forms and send something direct to an email..


    Kenny Ritchie said:

    Very sleek - looks very very good.

    However from a traffic generation point the very small amount of text won't help you in the search engines.

    The contact details although easy enough to find when you look - could be made more obvious. Maybe a few calls to action for example on the services page it gives a simple and appealing account of what you offer but you  really have to spell it out online what you want your visitor to do.

    Which I'm assuming is pick up the phone and invite you over to discuss a project.

  • Oh.. just had a look at your website... lovely work !  I have seen the walled garden in Cheltenham somewhere before. Loved the use of wildflower meadow to fame a more formal lawn. The design fees posted are %50 less than normal rates, I offer this if projects are done on a design & build basis.

    Rose Lennard said:

    looks excellent - quick to load, easy to navigate, great projects, a good balance of pics and written info, clean and inviting layout. I spotted a typo in your client testimonial - an 'is' instead of 'it'! It would be nice to be able to click on an image to get a full screen or larger version but I don't think this will put anyone off, and at least it means it is quick to load this way.

    I thought your fees and contract values looked low for the apparent scope of the work...?

    www.chameleongardens.co.uk

  • If you are looking to target people searching for "London lanscape designers
    " then unfortunately that phrase will have to be on your page somewhere.

    http://www.waratahgardens.co.uk/infobox/pool-refurbishment/

    The case studies pages are excellent fodder for the search engines. I would add more of these and have as much regional variation as possible.

    The site is set up very well to grow in size content wise as you complete more projects adding these pages will bring a variety of different searchs to the site over time and the very obvious quality of the work will bring you new business.


    Tim Horner said:

    thanks, I'm not really up on how search engines work. maybe if i submitted more text heavy pages to the search engines might help ?

    I was thinking I might add a full contacts page with email form type to fill in..... not sure as I always by-pass those forms and send something direct to an email..


    Kenny Ritchie said:

    Very sleek - looks very very good.

    However from a traffic generation point the very small amount of text won't help you in the search engines.

    The contact details although easy enough to find when you look - could be made more obvious. Maybe a few calls to action for example on the services page it gives a simple and appealing account of what you offer but you  really have to spell it out online what you want your visitor to do.

    Which I'm assuming is pick up the phone and invite you over to discuss a project.

This reply was deleted.

Landscaping & gardening jobs

Qualified and Experienced Gardeners

Employer: GraduateGardenersLtd

Job Type: Full time

Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire

Applicants must have proven skills in all aspects of general garden maintenance, with a good plant knowledge. You must…

Continue

Experienced Landscaper required

Employer: garden gurus partnership Ltd

Job Type: Full time

Location: London, sw19

Currently we require an experienced hard landscaper to work with us in our highly regarded and well established company…

Continue

Garden Maintenance Team Leader £22-25,000

Employer: Rainbow Gardening Ltd

Job Type: Full time

Location: Epsom

We need an experienced gardener to join our company based in Epsom, Surrey due to expansion. The position will be to lead a two man…

Continue

Hard Landscaper/ Team Leader

Employer: Grove Gardens

Job Type: Self employed

Location: Brighton, East Sussex

  Grove Gardens are a specialist landscape gardening company who offer comprehensive garden design and build services for…

Continue

Latest blog post

LJN Sponsor

Premium Supplier

ICL Launch 2016/17 Product Guide

ICL has announced the launch of their 2016/17 product guide – including some new and unique products and services.

The comprehensive brochure, designed using feedback gathered from a wide range of end users detailing what they wanted and needed to be included, will provide a detailed look into the company’s market leading products as well as offering valuable technical information.

Over the years customers have benefitted from using the likes of Greenmaster, SeaMax, Sierrablen…

Read more…
Premium Supplier

ICL Launch four new products

ICL launch four new products

ICL has kick-started 2016 by expanding its product portfolio after announcing the launch of four new formulations.

Over the years, ICL has developed a rich portfolio of products serving the needs of turf and landscape, professional horticulture and specialty agriculture with market leading brands. A commitment to investing in research and development has ensured that the company continues to bring to market the most innovative products year on…

Read more…
Premium Supplier

Pellenc announces battery updates

Pellenc has announced a host of new features for their new range of batteries ensuring a quiet, powerful, low vibration and low emission operation for users. Pellenc is sold exclusively in the UK by Etesia UK.

There are 18 tools available in Pellenc’s battery-powered range so there's a tool to…

Read more…