About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Then do something... visit this site http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/ to find your MP and send them a message.... I've just sent one to my MP Linda Riordan. I told her that while I understand that the £1000 limit is about what MPs can claim that I am 'disheartened' about the message it sends about the value of a gardener, particularly in these difficult economic times. I also thought it was a bit off that a gardener, replete with experience and/or qualifications was deemed worth less than a cleaner - although I emphasised that I didn't mean to undervalue cleaners either - it could at least be equal.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO
    This is a good idea Cat and I am surprised that your suggestion slipped by unnoticed (even by me it seems).
  • Thanks Phil - I guess folk may have found it a bit of a bonkers idea, but you n'er know. I'm sure MPs would love a reason to bark back at the expenses issue - incidentally, no response from my MP yet!

Philip Voice said:
    This is a good idea Cat and I am surprised that your suggestion slipped by unnoticed (even by me it seems).
  • For me, it's how it plays with the general public - appreciate that everyone here gets it being about what MPs can claim, not what they can actually spend.... fair enough if they want to pay £100,000 a year, they're only going to get £1000 of it back from the constituents... but I think that there's a risk that an average person hearing a radio or TV soundbite may get the message that £1000 per year is all anyone needs to pay to keep their garden nice.... it's not the point I'm railing against, rather the subtext and media spin.

Dan Tarleton MSc, BSc (Hons) said:
    I agree with u PG... its that cleaning a house is more necessary than spending money on the garden. I agree with this thinking however I dont like it as it gives us gardeners less importance only in terms of what MP's can reclaim and MP's cant make up much of the population's percentage to really make any difference to us. Who here has worked for an MP as a gardener or landscaper?

Pro Gard said:
    I don't think its about gardening being deemed less value as a service more so that its deemed less important for us as constituents to fund it.
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0