Forum

Replies

• If you are talking about lawn weed and feed programmes for domestic customers, then you need a lot of customers to make it pay well.

• We have a lot of customers but mainly just grass cutting they are after but not sure whether to put a programme forward to a lot of them as we have a lot of holiday homes.
  • I did the maintenance thing when I first started what a pain in the arse compared with lawn care. You can make money at it but customers generally want a pound of flesh for there money. I mostly cut grass the good thing is once it's cut its done and there is no quibles. If most of your work is grass cutting the lawn treatments have merit if you have the tickets. I do well out of it and it ties in well with my grass round
  • We do all year round garden maintenance services and up-sell lawn treatments, aeration and scarifying to some customers.

It can be a nice little add-on. If you do the aeration and scarifying early Winter - early Spring, it can help fill in the the less busy period.

A way to price lawn treatments is to cost the amount of material + labour then multiply that by 3.

• PRO
    I do a bit of everything really.
    12 hours a week at a wedding venue which is doing all sorts.
    Two biggish places where the customers do a lot, I mainly do the grass there but help out with all sorts too which includes all the way through winter.
    I then have a days worth of just lawn mowing and 3 customers of border maintenance.

I know I could make more just grass cutting but I quite like the variation.

I am getting used to what I don't want to do though so I'll probably adapt and streamline as I go on.
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs

PRO Supplier

New York Red Bulls Praise SISIS Osca

Dan Shemesh, Director of Stadium and Training Grounds for the New York Red Bulls has praised the SISIS Osca 3 which maintains the synthetic turf on one of the club’s training fields.

When Dan Shemesh was looking for a machine that…

Read more…