Forum

PRO
Hi I have a customer who has a huge lawn but currently mows it with a hayter 41 over several days. This is a tad on the silly side. The reason is that she always thought that a ride on would not fit through the gate and through a weird design feature it is the only access point to the three quarter acre garden. So I'm now looking for a ride on mower that will fit throu a 90cm doorframe. It must put down stripes, be a good quality build, collect grass and be a good make. I believe there is a Countax C350h and also a westwood version. Ideally I'm looking for a good quality used mower but am prepared to buy new. My question is do you know of or have such a thing or know of a good supplier? Thanks

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lawnflite do a small ride on model called a minirider or a there's a lawnflite 603rt if those are any help.
    • PRO
      Thanks great thanks but unfortunatley they don't stripe.
  • PRO

Just a question - why not use a larger pedestrian mower? EG - 21" self propelled mower - can be quicker than a ride on in some instances anyway.....

• PRO
      A valid question, I mow some of her lawn on occasion with my 48 hayter. Unfortunatley she's a widow, has a giffy back and can not manage the heavier mowers on her own. We've tried a few but always end up with the Hayter 41 (only model available in that size with a roller and key start). After much persuasion she's agreed to the ride on but now I've just got to find one.
      • PRO

Suspected that may be the case - one that springs to mind is the Countax Rider (they are all getting on a bit in years now - but you might find a decent privately owned one - ) - I know they will fit through a gate as one of our customers used to have one until we took over mowing the lawns for him. Something like - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Countax-Rider-Hydro-Drive-30-Cut-Ride-on-...

• PRO

Etesia Hydro 80 is 82cm wide.

• Was thinking about that. Especially as you can get roller attachments for these apparently. They are aftermarket ones for ride on's
      • PRO
        A grand idea but unfortunately outside the price bracket if you include the roller.

Really need a sweeper as per countax and Westwood. There are several large trees that we sweep up the leaves and a sweeper at the rear would reduce the work load.
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experience Gardener

Employer: The Botanical Gardener

Job Type: Full Time

EXPERIENCED GARDENER  The Botanical Gardener is a rapidly growing, well respected, Design & Build, Garden Maintenance &… Continue

Yard Foreman (Nursery)

Employer: Palmbrokers

Job Type: Full Time

Yard foreman Full time yard foreman required to join our team at our busy and unique 7 acre nursery at farnham royal in berkshire… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

mobile ads

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs