Forum

Replies

• PRO

Good question! I'm waiting on the trimmer attachment for a stihl combi which is sat here doing nothing. I'm tempted to get the Echo but would prefer not to having already payed out for the stihl gear ; (

• PRO
    The echo seems to be a good machine though I've not used one that's just what I've heard
  • I invested in a Kawasaki long reach a few yeas ago. It has a few annoying issues but it starts easy the blades stay sharp it's lighter, great balance (a bit shorter) and the clip rate is fantastic. I have an almost new Stihl HS 95 but it never gets used as I always reach for the Kawasaki.

So far it's out performed and out lasted all other hedge cutters I have owned. Not a cheap option though.
  • All my tools are Shindaiwa or Echo (both of which are owned by the same parent company) and I have no complaints. In my experience both makes have excellent reliability. Probably slightly prefer the Shindaiwa but very little in it.

• PRO

I would recommend Echo , I also use Efco DS2400  , Its ran for Two years and done lots of hedge cutting , had a minor problem like the casing melted but it was user error and has not happened since it was replaced , not sure why the engine pitch changes dramatically all of a sudden but doesn't affect its performance but The Echo is much more refined .

• Fr Jones still have them for sale on their website. I've bought quite a few things from them in the past and they're very efficient.

• Iv been using Echo for more than 3 years now. I used the combi as a long armed back up in the beginning but it impressed me so much that I tend to favour it now ,on conifers especially. It's a beastly be honest. They 'll never last as long as a sthil my mechanic tells me, but that's another days discussion.
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Grounds Maintence operative

Employer: IH MOWING LTD

Job Type: Full Time

An opportunity to join an expanding Grounds Maintenance Company based in Warwickshire. The ideal candidate will have experience and Knowledge of… Continue

Skilled Landscaper

Employer: Abbeyfield Landscapes

Job Type: Full Time

Abbeyfield Landscapes is a Southwest Landscaping and ground maintenance company and we are looking for a dedicated landscaper to… Continue

Latest blog post

PRO

Topdressing grass verges

HiI have a client who wants his existing grass verges raised and 'levelled' by approximately 25mm. He's had new steel edgings installed and wants to bring the verges up to the top of the edgings by topsoiling over the existing grass. What is the…
Read more…
Comments: 0

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO

Topdressing grass verges

HiI have a client who wants his existing grass verges raised and 'levelled' by approximately 25mm. He's had new steel edgings installed and wants to bring the verges up to the top of the edgings by topsoiling over the existing grass. What is the…
Read more…
Comments: 0