Forum

PRO

LJN slow

Hi all is it just me or is the site getting slower and slower?It’s gett to the point of making it a horrible experience coming on here!It’s not my connection as I’m on fibre.Anyone else experiencing this?Thanks Richard

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

I can only speak as I find and comments I recieved .

it could also be said that old technology, poor performance is just as likely a cause. I asked a simple series of questions to ascertain whether the issue you were experiencing was caused by typical problems seen previously.

In any event, it proved useful as it shows site performance is so variable and often outside LJNs control. 

However, it’s given some ideas for various changes.

Thanks for your support. 

• PRO
                Well said. It's not as though we are freeloaders either we do pay for the service. Anyway I would like to say I really appreciate Juice and everyone involved in running it and the members who contribute. Have a nice weekend everyone.
        • PRO
          So it was slow on a old phone not sure what that concludes the people who commented said they are using powerful up to date technology and superfast bb. Don't take it personally but anyway the issue seems to have resolved.
  • PRO
    I found it of interest that LJN’s loading performance varied considerably depending on the location of the routing server.

The fastest the site loaded for me today was 2.9 seconds.
    • PRO

Thank you very much Phil for your care in helping people with their issues

• PRO

:) Guess I’m off your Xmas card list ?

• PRO
      Mines loading in about 3 seconds now. That’s just me counting :)
      It was between 12and 15 before so it’s like lightening now:)
      • PRO

To be honest i expect variable results with all technology often i have been with someone who can't get a signal or gets a frozen screen when downloading on their latest i phone yet my old Nokia is working fine and vice versa .  Last week the tom tom i was using went crazy but i stopped and plugged in a garmin and it was fine . 

Out of interest my loading speeds are exactly the same 15 seconds on my phone is plenty for an old dinosaur like me :)

• PRO

I've just had a reply from Ning and they say that my loading speed is fast for a such a page size.

If you're still getting poor loading results please let me know by conducting the procedure as described. Take a screenshot and either paste it in this thread or email me.

• PRO

My 2p's, this site ain't slow here.  It always loads.  Some sites never load here, they just time out. And this all down to the poor broadband and mobile coverage.  We are lucky to acheive 3G locally, with Twitter for example often failing.

As i use 'No Script' and can control precisely what page elements will load, and as I type 90 scripts are allowed.

10, 15, 20 seconds, really? barely enough time to read, write or think :-) On my much much smarter the me phone, what with my shaky fingers, it can easily take me several minutes just to write 10 words.

I do hear, that the weather can affect mobile signals...

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs

PRO Supplier

New York Red Bulls Praise SISIS Osca

Dan Shemesh, Director of Stadium and Training Grounds for the New York Red Bulls has praised the SISIS Osca 3 which maintains the synthetic turf on one of the club’s training fields.

When Dan Shemesh was looking for a machine that…

Read more…