Forum

PRO

LJN slow

Hi all is it just me or is the site getting slower and slower?It’s gett to the point of making it a horrible experience coming on here!It’s not my connection as I’m on fibre.Anyone else experiencing this?Thanks Richard

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Thanks for all the feedback. Interesting.

Interestingly I just did a test on Facebook loading speed and that only managed 68 on one testing site.

There's also a variance of scores, depending on what site one uses to test LJN.

I'll have a look this coming week to see what can be done to improve user experience.

I do have to say though that for me LJN loads speedily.

• PRO

There are so many variables I imagine the speed would differ slightly for everyone, I suppose there would be speed differences depending on how far away from the host you are also.

Anyway while I'm here I noticed that the search page numbers have the clickable area set just below the actual numbers for me, on all browsers. It pretty much makes it impossible to select the next page of results on a touch screen. I can just manage it with a mouse. Does anyone else have this issue?

• PRO

Did you mean the page numbers at the bottom of the thread?

I can use my finger on an iDevice using Safari or a mouse on the PCs using Chrome&Firefox, with the clickable area being the black number box.

Isn't that a Browser option or rendering issue ?

• PRO
          Sorry Gary, didn't notice the reply. It's the search pages I have the issue with. The thread page numbers are fine. Do a search and see if you can select the next page of results.
          • PRO
            Never mind, I just checked and it is fine again. Must have been a gremlin in the system :)
          • PRO

Hi Graham

The search is a known issue and I brought this up with Ning several months back.

Unfortunately, as they've had to practically re-build the architecture, the search problem isn't seen as a priority.

• I have to say that this is the slowest site I use and by some distance at times. I really like the site so wont stop, but it is definitely noticeably worse for me than it used to be.

• PRO

The site has been much faster today.

• PRO
      It has something has changed for the better. Thanks:)
    • same experience here its been 15 -20 seconds today its about 2 something has changed 

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs

PRO Supplier

New York Red Bulls Praise SISIS Osca

Dan Shemesh, Director of Stadium and Training Grounds for the New York Red Bulls has praised the SISIS Osca 3 which maintains the synthetic turf on one of the club’s training fields.

When Dan Shemesh was looking for a machine that…

Read more…