Forum

PRO Supplier

Lawn School for 2018

After some consideration, I am planning to do a training school in 2018, aimed at Lawn Care.  It will involve verbal training as well as actual demonstrations of machinery, all carried out by skilled trainers.

It will be a pre-cursor to an actual accredited training course to be launched thereafter.

Currently, there are no training courses for lawn care and I frequently get asked.

The school will be aimed at both professional, semi professional and domestic homeowners all across the UK (proposal is to have up to 8 schools across the UK (through 2018)

Is there a vested interest from the LJN members?  Do you use your lawn skills as part of your business and what makes you stand out from the rest?

My book is available as you know, but lawn care is a great community with lots of passion and a willing to further education.

Love to know peoples thoughts..........Thanks

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO Supplier

I've spoken to people that have taken the Writtle College course. They thought it was rather good and it sounds like they are being given all the right information :)

• PRO Supplier

Hi Daisy,  as said, this is a Lawn School, not a training program and the training I may offer will be aimed at three levels of requirement, domestic homeowner, semi professional and maybe, like this one at the professional.......

Not a one size fits all....

• PRO Supplier

Thanks Andrew......I do know about this......

• PRO

Something is better than nothing after all the PA1\PA6 does not tell you how to look after lawns. we are reliant on in house instructors, franchises etc. I could be interested even after being in Lawn Care for 5 years as long as there is something to peak my interest.

I am always looking for a NWOW, improvements I can make to my care programs, innovative things not yet in our industry but in others that could be adapted and made cost effective for us to use.

In terms of courses for professionals or business owners you will have to bring something new to the table over and above what's in your book.

There is always room for more and anything to give our industry more credibility is always a good thing and a step in the right direction.

• PRO Supplier

Thanks Chris for your comments.....the Lawn School will be a chance to learn vital things in how and how to communicate to your customers, as well as actual demonstration's of machines, discussions, products as well as the future developments.  Its not purely aimed at professionals. It cant be as the larger audience is just that.  It'll be a place and an opportunity to show that you are furthering your knowledge over your competitors.  You'll never beat them if your basing it just upon years of experience as that doesn't count for much.  Being in a poor experience for many years doesn't make you better.

The Lawn training for the British Lawn Association is different and still a way off yet, but its a way for all, not just professionals, to learn, develop, to come together, as an industry.  The book, as I'm sure you are aware, is purely aimed at the homeowner and is a simple book.  Thanks....

• PRO

what book?

Be very interested to learn of the breakdown of topics to be covered in detail

• PRO

I welcome the opportunity to have more lawn care training and development options out there. Key for me to echo Chris's comment is for small independent lawn care business owners, we need to operate effectively and efficiently whilst seeking innovations that will work in our favour. If David can ,in the near future, advise on the training agenda or topics, etc it would be great to see how that may be of benefit to he pro level audience. Thanks

• PRO
    Hi David I've read your book I had the same idea as yourself I'd say 80 percent of my customers I educate primarily on the mowing practices after treatment that makes all the difference. I guess going forward we really have to consider more permaculture in what we do. Are compost teas on the agenda?
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Grounds Maintence operative

Employer: IH MOWING LTD

Job Type: Full Time

An opportunity to join an expanding Grounds Maintenance Company based in Warwickshire. The ideal candidate will have experience and Knowledge of… Continue

Skilled Landscaper

Employer: Abbeyfield Landscapes

Job Type: Full Time

Abbeyfield Landscapes is a Southwest Landscaping and ground maintenance company and we are looking for a dedicated landscaper to… Continue

Latest blog post

PRO

Topdressing grass verges

HiI have a client who wants his existing grass verges raised and 'levelled' by approximately 25mm. He's had new steel edgings installed and wants to bring the verges up to the top of the edgings by topsoiling over the existing grass. What is the…
Read more…
Comments: 0

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO

Topdressing grass verges

HiI have a client who wants his existing grass verges raised and 'levelled' by approximately 25mm. He's had new steel edgings installed and wants to bring the verges up to the top of the edgings by topsoiling over the existing grass. What is the…
Read more…
Comments: 0