Forum

What is average cost for mowing a garden?

Hi all,

Most of my customers are regular maintenance which I visit every other week.

I would say on average most lawns take me between 15 and 35 mins to mow and strim.My set figure for these jobs is between £20 and £25 each.

I am interested to see what other people are charging for the same kind of work ?

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I Agree with you Russell, £25 seems reasonable considering plant and vehicle costs, your time and fuel. More importantly if you are getting work and your happy with the costs/profits it doesn't matter what others are charging. 

• PRO

We're as little as £10, but these are 15 minute jobs in areas we have high density anyway. Many £15-£20 jobs which take 30-40 minutes. In my own mind we want to be pulling in £30ph inclusive of travel, if we have really good density this can be as high as 40-45ph when the grass is dry. We're not charging VAT (yet) and not taking clippings. I have increased prices sparingly over the last 5-7 years. I feel that pricing is increasingly inelastic with loyalty; however I don't wish to hit my client base with a double increase along with VAT...

There's this year first anyhow! 

• Consciously keeping your turnover down will limit your potential earnings.  It all depends what you want out of life and where you feel you want to be in 10, 20, 30 or even 40 years time. Having been used to the 'buzz' of private, commercial and site landscaping, garden maintenance is now my 'second career' and moving forward has always been my philosophy. Now approaching retirement, I don't need to work every day and the business works well with 3 - 4 full time employees.

• PRO

Can only second that emotion......:)

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled Landscape Gardener

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs