Forum

PRO

Thought I'd make people aware of this - note I do have a vested interest as I'm on the founding committee! Thanks to Phil for allowing me to post this.

I've attended for the last 4 years at various venues and seen it grow; it's always been great fun and a good way to meet like minded people running lawn care companies. Most are very happy to share info / hints & tips at the networking tea breaks etc and I've always found it very useful. If you're into lawn care, or are thinking or getting into it, it's well worth going:

“GETTING TOGETHER” - The 2017 UK Lawn Care Association’s Annual Conference will be held at Bisham Abbey, home of the National Sports Centre in Marlow, Buckinghamshire from the 8th to the 9th of February.  The LCA is the Association for Independent Lawn Care businesses, and this is their first 2 day event following a combination of popular demand and a host of great speakers.  Speakers will cover a wide range of relevant topics from the marketing universe, social media, digital marketing, small business mentoring to the science of fertilisers, pesticides and herbicides; there will be a host table top exhibitors showing business software, machinery and turf care agronomy to name but a few.  Finally though, it’s just a great place to meet like-minded industry professionals.

For more information please call our Secretary Simon Johnson on  07518 516560 or email to simon@uklawncare.net

You need to be a member of Landscaper Network & Forum to add comments!

Join Landscaper Network & Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO Supplier

The UK LCA conference is independent and one of a kind at the moment.

We (GreenBest) have been running smaller events in other parts of the country but there isn't likely to be another one now until next November/December.

• PRO

thanks Daisy, id be interested in knowing more about yours nearer the time.

• PRO

Just seen this and thinking of attended as went to saltex last year for the first time an found it use full and met a few of the group also

• PRO

Jonathon,

yes the UK LCA is the only one for lawn care companies, independent ones that is. I would recommend attendence as it's a great networking opportunity with a friendly bunch of people. I'll be there as will quite a few of others from here. There will also be supplier tables for the first time.

Also, next week is BTME at Harrograte. It's more golf/sports targeted, but well worth a day trip as there are lots of suppliers there. You'll see a good range of chemical / fertiliser and some equipment suppliers and will be able to pick their brains on products for lawns. Again, I'm going as its a good opportunity to discuss products for the coming season.

Happy to meet you at either venue for a chat.

• PRO

Hi Andrew,  I cant make the BTME  but ill be attending UK LCA for sure, bearing in mind speakers and im very new to the game, any idea which day would be more beneficial for me?

thanks for the offer of meeting up that would be great, very kind.

• PRO

For those thinking of going here's the latest agenda, there are alo around a dozen suppplier exhibitors attending.

‘GETTING TOGETHER’ UK Lawn Care Association 2017 Conference – February 8th to 9th

Bisham Abbey, Marlow, SL7 1RR

Getting Together Day 1 – The Elizabethan Room, the Abbey

09.45 – 10.30                     Registration and Refreshments in the Lounge Room

10.30 – 10.40                     Welcome and Introduction, Committee, Presenters, Exhibitors

10.40 – 11.30                     Professor John Moverley  ‘Weed, pest & Disease Management – challenges, politics, opportunities and being proud of what we do’

11.30 – 12.30                     Joe Kucik, the Marketing Universe, RealGreen Systems

12.30 – 13.45                     Buffet Lunch & Networking & Exhibitors in the Lounge Room

13.45 – 14.15                     LCA Committee Presentation and Q&A

14.15 – 15.30                     D2D Sales Marketing, Brian Bacigalupo, RealGreen Sysytems

15.30 – 16.00                     Break for Networking and Exhibitors in the Lounge Room

16.00 – 17.00                     Daisy Lacey, GreenBest – Lawn care fertilisers: a history, evolution and future

19.00 – 19.45                     GreenBest sponsored ‘Happy Hour’ in the Lounge Room

20.00 -                                  Dinner in the National Sports Centre (canteen style

Getting Together Day 2 The Elizabethan Room, the Abbey

0800- 0900                         Breakfast in the National Sports Centre (canteen style)

0915 - 10.30                        the Power of Social Media Marketing - Laura Varey

10.30 – 10.50                     Break for Networking and Exhibitors in the Lounge Room

10.50 – 12.00                     Online Marketing – Google, SEO, AdWords and Measurement – Baz McCarthy

12.00 – 13.15                     Buffet Lunch & Networking & Exhibitors in the Lounge Room

13.15 – 14.15                     Colin Mumford - Pesticides & Herbicides

14.15 – 15.15                     Ken Sankey – Helping Businesses Succeed

15.15 – 15.30                     Summary and Conference Closure

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscaper needed…

Employer: Abbeyfield

Job Type: Full Time

Abbeyfield Landscapes are a Southwest based landscape/maintenance company are looking for skilled hard landscaper to join our friendly and… Continue

Apprentice Gardener

Employer: James' Gardens

Apprentice Gardener Required at a garden maintenance business based in Handbridge.  You would ideally have some horticultural experience and be… Continue

Lawn Maintenance Operative

Employer: Country Garden Croyde ltd

Job Type: Self Employed

We are looking for a hard working, self employed person to run our grass cutting & lawn maintenance round. A… Continue

Experienced Landscaper Warrington £30,000

Employer: Kirman Designs

We are looking for a skilled, professional, motivated and enthusiastic Landscaper with experience, and good customer service skills. This… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

Start a landscaping business