Forum

Replies

• PRO

As mentioned - PA6PP : http://www.ighort.co.uk/nptc-units/4585913302

• PRO

thanks for the link, but there is no chance I will ever travel miles and miles, have to stay over night at a hotel, etc, for this. Its just not worth it. I rarely work with tree stumps, so zero chance of return on that kind of investment.

• PRO

It's just over an hour away (subject to traffic), worth remembering for the future.

• PRO
            You could do as Graham has said but cut a disc of the stump first then attaching it back on to the stump with nails or screws.
            I was taught this method in college and have used it several times with no regrowth.
            • PRO
              That sounds like a great idea:-)
  • PRO

Safety Sheet (legal) Directions for Glypho for 'Forestry Cut Stump/ Chemical Thinning'

Apply the solution (10-20%) to saturate the rim of the newly cut surface, with a suitable adapted clearing saw, spot gun or paintbrush.

Treat as soon as possible after felling, in the period November to March/April.

Do not apply in the period of active sap flow in the spring/early summer.

Do not cut trenches or drill holes and fill with the solution or use undiluted product.

Note: for ease of identification of treated areas a suitable, commercially available, water-soluble dye may be added to the prepared spray solution.

• PRO
      I did not know that how new is this reg?
      • PRO

It's generally detailed on the Product Label either on the Pack or available as a download for the specific product in use (this one was from the RUP PRO Biactive we use and that is considered one of THE safest products on the market).

• PRO
          Oh ok it's just I'm sure I read on one of the label of some glyphosate I've got (forget brand name ) that drilling was ok but I will check as I may be making that up!
          • PRO

It's an ever changing world.....

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experience Gardener

Employer: The Botanical Gardener

Job Type: Full Time

EXPERIENCED GARDENER  The Botanical Gardener is a rapidly growing, well respected, Design & Build, Garden Maintenance &… Continue

Yard Foreman (Nursery)

Employer: Palmbrokers

Job Type: Full Time

Yard foreman Full time yard foreman required to join our team at our busy and unique 7 acre nursery at farnham royal in berkshire… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

mobile ads

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs