Forum

Replies

• PRO

As mentioned - PA6PP : http://www.ighort.co.uk/nptc-units/4585913302

• PRO

thanks for the link, but there is no chance I will ever travel miles and miles, have to stay over night at a hotel, etc, for this. Its just not worth it. I rarely work with tree stumps, so zero chance of return on that kind of investment.

• PRO

It's just over an hour away (subject to traffic), worth remembering for the future.

• PRO
            You could do as Graham has said but cut a disc of the stump first then attaching it back on to the stump with nails or screws.
            I was taught this method in college and have used it several times with no regrowth.
            • PRO
              That sounds like a great idea:-)
  • PRO

Safety Sheet (legal) Directions for Glypho for 'Forestry Cut Stump/ Chemical Thinning'

Apply the solution (10-20%) to saturate the rim of the newly cut surface, with a suitable adapted clearing saw, spot gun or paintbrush.

Treat as soon as possible after felling, in the period November to March/April.

Do not apply in the period of active sap flow in the spring/early summer.

Do not cut trenches or drill holes and fill with the solution or use undiluted product.

Note: for ease of identification of treated areas a suitable, commercially available, water-soluble dye may be added to the prepared spray solution.

• PRO
      I did not know that how new is this reg?
      • PRO

It's generally detailed on the Product Label either on the Pack or available as a download for the specific product in use (this one was from the RUP PRO Biactive we use and that is considered one of THE safest products on the market).

• PRO
          Oh ok it's just I'm sure I read on one of the label of some glyphosate I've got (forget brand name ) that drilling was ok but I will check as I may be making that up!
          • PRO

It's an ever changing world.....

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Grounds Maintence operative

Employer: IH MOWING LTD

Job Type: Full Time

An opportunity to join an expanding Grounds Maintenance Company based in Warwickshire. The ideal candidate will have experience and Knowledge of… Continue

Skilled Landscaper

Employer: Abbeyfield Landscapes

Job Type: Full Time

Abbeyfield Landscapes is a Southwest Landscaping and ground maintenance company and we are looking for a dedicated landscaper to… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO

Topdressing grass verges

HiI have a client who wants his existing grass verges raised and 'levelled' by approximately 25mm. He's had new steel edgings installed and wants to bring the verges up to the top of the edgings by topsoiling over the existing grass. What is the…
Read more…
Comments: 0