Forum

PRO

I'm looking to discuss with any landscaping business that has been through the ISO 9001 certification process and how they found it, who they decided to use and why, cost, time-frame, commitment required etc.

If you've been through it, you'll know what I am after :)

Happy to do it in the BOG, or by phone or email if easier for confidentiality.

TIA

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO Supplier

Hey Gary,

Doesn't look like you've any takers here! I've not done it myself but have been looking at this too. 

The key thing I've found was that implement 'Regular Reading' with all staff; each memeber will need to take a monthly test to demonstrate they are familiar with procedures etc. So in terms of staff commitment, I'm guessing pretty much 40-60 mins a month per employee once everything has been implemented.

• PRO

I've had some feedback offline, which has been useful.

However, I've previously helped implement BS5750, but ISO 9001 takes it to a different level.

The core being providing a consistent service to your clients by using a business wide QMS circular process (and being able to identify when it doesn't work, why and what's needed to learn from it).

• Its a big undertaking if you are a small company , especially with the new iso9001- 2015 version. 

Not sure on pricing, but we use a company called CQS to train us and help with the initial setup. 

• PRO
    A fair few years ago I had a year working for a major house building company as a manager that completed the certification process.

After a couple of years they dropped it without making it generally known and just slipping away from it.

I was told that the reason they dropped it was it didn't stop things going wrong, it just provided a paper trail showing it had gone wrong.

Andy
  • Hi Gary
    Over 10 years ago I wrote the whole procedure for my department in an engineering compfany.
    When first introduced I realy wondered and worried about it.
    I needent have. In essence all you are doing is writing a procedure of what you do so there is traceability if needed.
    We were internally audited regularly ( I was also an internal auditor to other departments) to check the procedure were being followed.
    It's a great tool to install disapline and when ultimately you are the one with the head on the block it's rather reassuring..
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs