Forum

PRO

I'm looking to discuss with any landscaping business that has been through the ISO 9001 certification process and how they found it, who they decided to use and why, cost, time-frame, commitment required etc.

If you've been through it, you'll know what I am after :)

Happy to do it in the BOG, or by phone or email if easier for confidentiality.

TIA

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO Supplier

Hey Gary,

Doesn't look like you've any takers here! I've not done it myself but have been looking at this too. 

The key thing I've found was that implement 'Regular Reading' with all staff; each memeber will need to take a monthly test to demonstrate they are familiar with procedures etc. So in terms of staff commitment, I'm guessing pretty much 40-60 mins a month per employee once everything has been implemented.

• PRO

I've had some feedback offline, which has been useful.

However, I've previously helped implement BS5750, but ISO 9001 takes it to a different level.

The core being providing a consistent service to your clients by using a business wide QMS circular process (and being able to identify when it doesn't work, why and what's needed to learn from it).

• Its a big undertaking if you are a small company , especially with the new iso9001- 2015 version. 

Not sure on pricing, but we use a company called CQS to train us and help with the initial setup. 

• PRO
    A fair few years ago I had a year working for a major house building company as a manager that completed the certification process.

After a couple of years they dropped it without making it generally known and just slipping away from it.

I was told that the reason they dropped it was it didn't stop things going wrong, it just provided a paper trail showing it had gone wrong.

Andy
  • Hi Gary
    Over 10 years ago I wrote the whole procedure for my department in an engineering compfany.
    When first introduced I realy wondered and worried about it.
    I needent have. In essence all you are doing is writing a procedure of what you do so there is traceability if needed.
    We were internally audited regularly ( I was also an internal auditor to other departments) to check the procedure were being followed.
    It's a great tool to install disapline and when ultimately you are the one with the head on the block it's rather reassuring..
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Operative

Additional landscape operatives required by commercial soft landscape contractor based in Crondall for immediate start.  Landscape CSCS/CPCS preferable but not essential as full training given.  Competitive salary and advancement opportunities for… Continue

Junior Gardener

JOB BACKGROUND: Do you have high standards?  Are you able to commit to a role and work hard to maintain those high standards?  Are you keen to start a career in the horticultural industry with a company that will support and train you? Our Junior… Continue

Landscaper

Countryside Services is expanding – we have an increasing amount of bespoke, designed gardens on our books and need new staff. Your commitment to us: to be enthusiastically hard working (in all weathers), keen to learn and prepared to work long… Continue

Gardener

Our client is a successful family business with clients in both the residential and commercial sectors. They are now ready for the business’s next stage of expansion. They really are passionate about gardening and landscaping, providing a vast range… Continue

Latest blog post

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…
PRO Supplier

After being selected as the official mower at the two most recent FIFA World Cup’s in South Africa and Brazil, Dennis Mowers will be the mower of choice for the 2018 tournament in Russia.

The Dennis G860 cylinder mower will have the task…

Read more…