Forum

PRO

On both sides of the Atlantic a battle is raging between starkly opposed views of what science tells us about risks to our health emanating from our surroundings, including our food, water, and the wider environment.

This battle often pits advocates, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), politicians, and partisan scientists, who have little ability or inclination to evaluate the evidence on its merits, against scientists and regulators who confine themselves to evaluating the evidence but are typically characterized as corrupt apologists for industry. Unfortunately, confining oneself to the scientific issues simply does not have the same impact in the public arena as holding up the specter of an imminent threat to our well-being, and the less sensationalist party in this lop-sided contest is often left to tear its hair out in frustration.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/geoffreykabat/2016/11/21/while-unlikely-to-be-carcinogenic-the-herbicide-glyphosate-is-a-symptom-of-a-deep-social-pathology/#7e624f515c46

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO Supplier

He didn't deal very well with that situation! He shouldn't have said he would be happy to drink it if he actually wasn't.

I guess he could have compared it to shampoo; safe to use on our bodies but you wouldn't want to drink it.

• I'm sure smoking is far more carcinogenic than exposure to any of these but do they ban it? :)  Sometimes it amazes me when I see people worrying about exposure to various chemicals/exhaust fumes etc whilst puffing on their fags!!

• PRO
        I think people spend far too much time worrying.
        In the scheme of things I'm more worried about driving the school run than glyphosate!
    • So they used a bit of old data...... it concerns me that there is no up to date study
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs