About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Hydro 100 Wet Grass

I have older Hydro 100, its my first year of cutting with it. I've noticed the chute has a build up of grass on the bottom. 

It's not much when collecting as the bottom plate flips it off when emptying, more noticeable with wet grass and also when cut and drop mowing.

Is it expected with these mowers, or have it set it up incorrectly I am wondering.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Pic of the build up after a cut and drop

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's not designed to cut and drop merely by removing the box. You need to remove whole rear assembly (which is fiddly) and bypass the safety switch or get hold of the correct accessory. it is not the handiest machine to switch between boxing or dropping cuttings. 

If it's not clearing fully with the box on check that the bottom plate is reaching vertical position when the box is up. if necessary you can adjust this by fiddling with levers either side of the rear assembly.

When wet you will find you occasionally need to clear bottom plate by hand when the box is up.

• PRO Supplier

Hi,  In long grass as shown the back transfer section of the mower should come off and a deflector sits in its place.  This link shows it http://www.etesia.com/e-boutique/accessoires-tondeuses-autoportees/...

This shortens the throw and deflects grass clippings to the floor.

When mowing & collecting shorter grass build up should be minimal, but check condition of blades for wear.

If you need one I can check availability on Monday. Strictly speaking you should not be able to use the mower just by removing the grass box as it is bypassing the rear safety switch which can leave you open to potential claims if something is ejected and causes an accident!

• PRO

Hi Scott

use either an mdpro which is a steal deflector which you put inplace of the whole collector system OR md100 which is a plastic deflector which replaces the grassbox (depending on age of machine as im struggling to tell from the photo because I can't see the front)

• Thanks for your replies, I've learnt something here. I thought leaving the collector off the grass would be ok straight out the back.  

Obviously not the case, somewhere in the back of my shed I have a rusty old deflector, the kind you linked to Derek. I'll drag it out and try it this week. 

The safety was bypassed when I bought the mower, so I used it as was, bit naughty but it was out of the way in a field so I got on with it.

Thanks also go to Derek for the advice he gave me over the winter while I was rebuilding this machine, made all the difference :-)

• PRO Supplier
      Glad you got it back on the road and working to earn you some money. Thanks again Derek
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0