Forum

PRO

How wet is too wet to work in the garden?

As the topic states, how wet is to wet to work in the garden, luckily this morning I am working in a green house, however I find myself looking out across the garden wondering are there any gardeners out there willing to work when it's chucking it down? A light drizzle I may encourage myself to get out in the gardens, any heavier then an office/ kit day, or even take the kids to soft play day is called for. What's everyone's views on this?

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Second day rained off now Harry here in the North , Used yesterday morning  to pick up some materials , Then did some paperwork , This afternoon i have some surveys ,just visual , might not lead anywhere and will probably get soaked in the process , The rain is exceptionally heavy and prolonged and outlook not good until next week . 

I can handle moderate rain and adjust task accordingly , The growth is amazing right now , My own lawn the ground despite rain is still baked hard i could easily mow it no problem . but rain has battered the poppies .

Getting withdrawal symptoms i need to get out and smell the chlorophyll . 

• PRO

We build gardens and today unfortunately is a we are going to make more mess than progress so its been called off! some days we will wait it out in the van but if the forecast gives us the all day verdict we will head on home and i'll catch up on paperwork. 

• PRO

I'm currently out of action as I sprained my knee last Wednesday (running away from a bee hive I disturbed, daft bugger) so I'm feeling a bit relieved that I would be rained off anyway.

I can practically hear my clients lawns growing though. Everyone has been understanding though, so far.

• PRO

Speedy recovery graham , Hope you managed to out run the Bee's ! 

• PRO
        Yes I did. In hindsight though I think I would have preferred a couple of stings to this knee :-(
  • PRO
    Well I chose an afternoon at soft play with the littlens, paperwork will get done when it rains on Thursday...;-)
    • PRO

I've heard of some good excuses, Harry

• PRO
        Haha, soft play was awesome, think I was the biggest kid there, time for an early evening nap I reckon, wouldn't want to over do it....;-)
  • Rained heavily here almost all yesterday and today but still managed two full days of maintenance so far. As long as i'm in full waterproofs and i'm not damaging anything then I don't mind too much.

• PRO

Was out in the pouring rain yesterday, did a lawn before it got too wet, was 4ft long grass so didn't take it very short so was ok. Then repairing some decking.

Today removed 23 rotten railway sleepers, unloaded delivery of new ones and got most in. Slowed me down massively, having to keep stopping and move electric tools inside.

No choice as fully booked this week and I'm on hol next week. European motorbike trip, so hopefully but drier!

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs