Forum

PRO

How is turf harvested from a field?

If you are a time-served landscaper/gardener, as I am, you'll be familiar with cutting and rolling your own turf and transporting it to a job?

It was a very manual task. And hard work. 

By the time the turf had been cut, rolled by hand, lifted onto a truck and then unloaded on site, one was rather cream crackered by the time it came to lay the turf.

It's a bit easier today:)

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO Supplier

That is really cool. And rather relaxing to watch!

• I wonder how often the operator looks over his shoulder? I'd have this constant feeling that it has all gone horribly wrong!

• PRO

I'm always in awe of these type of machines. How anyone goes about designing and building is amazing.

• PRO
    Nice bit of engineering design there, enjoyed the link Phil thank you.
  • PRO
    What an ingenious design, really enjoyed watching it work. A farmer local to us has a turf cutter, but with its own 6.8L JD engine, and its .. shall we say a bit simpler than RoboTurfer here ;)
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Grounds Maintence operative

Employer: IH MOWING LTD

Job Type: Full Time

An opportunity to join an expanding Grounds Maintenance Company based in Warwickshire. The ideal candidate will have experience and Knowledge of… Continue

Skilled Landscaper

Employer: Abbeyfield Landscapes

Abbeyfield Landscapes is a Southwest Landscaping and ground maintenance company and we are looking for a dedicated landscaper to… Continue

Skilled landscaper

Employer: Brett Hardy Landscapes Ltd

Skilled landscaper required to join our team working for a busy & expanding garden design & landscaping company. We are a proud… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs