Forum

PRO

Hi

I'm hoping to mulch some of my lawns this year and am wondering if anyone has experience of John Deere mulching kits? I know it's definitely best to have a mulching deck but I thought the kit could be worth the £200. I opted for the wrong mower as the bagging system isn't too good and want to see if I can make use of it as a mulching mower.

Thanks!

James

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Does it have the Accel Deep deck?

• PRO

Yes, its last years model. 

• So it has the lever to switch between mulch and side discharge. Like you say a dedicated mulch machine is usually a far better mulcher.

The John Deere with the deck you have still does a very good mulch. Its handy having it on a lever too, nice and quick to flick between the two! The depth of the deck allows the grass to stay in the deck for some time and allows it to get chopped up finer.

My experience from selling them is I haven't had any complaints :)

• PRO

Thanks for the info Luke. I have the older deck - I got it wrong! I need the mulching kit which is a pain because I need the option to collect more often than not. The newer model would be my best bet. thanks again

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experience Gardener

Employer: The Botanical Gardener

Job Type: Full Time

EXPERIENCED GARDENER  The Botanical Gardener is a rapidly growing, well respected, Design & Build, Garden Maintenance &… Continue

Yard Foreman (Nursery)

Employer: Palmbrokers

Job Type: Full Time

Yard foreman Full time yard foreman required to join our team at our busy and unique 7 acre nursery at farnham royal in berkshire… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs