About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Honda HRX 537?

Hi, I need to replace my Toro 22186te. I am considering the above and wondered if it is a good move? I tried one at my local dealer and it is a bit faster. down side is I would have to fold it everytime I put it in the side door of my van as it's longer than Toro. Any HRX experienced operators findings welcome!

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Tom,

I recently changed my John Deere fleet for HRXs. So far so good!

They are quick and deadly solid.  Really robust mower.  A few folk complain that they're a tad weighty but I like it.  The engine and gear box perform and all the parts are well built and dont have a cheap or fragile feel.

I honestly believe the HRX will perform a lot better than the Toro! HOWEVER, handles do not fold.  Could cause problems for you! When purchasing mine I had to take handles off with socket... We work with mowers in trailer hence no day to day issues.

• I have several 'HRX' and the handles fold on all of them. Purchased the most recent 3 weeks ago.

• The HRX's fold, perhaps you have the pro model?

• 3314762597?profile=original3314766692?profile=originalI have had mine for probably about 5 years and love it!! I have a transporter and to make it fit in the side door I put the back wheels up to the highest setting and it just about fits without folding the handle down.

• Apologies gents, I have confused my HRH pro spec with the hrx. I have had an hrx on loan before though- cracking mower!

Sorry for confusion.. Should have been sleeping!
      • haha! thought that! HRH seems to be the go-to mower for commercial, but with a few less features than the HRX, 

• Thanks for the info guys, I think I will go for it, The dealer will do me 20% off which takes its down from eye watering 1200 odd to 1060. the toro was short so fitted in my Scudo without folding. I think the slight inconvenience of folding the HRX will be made up with it's pace and other features.

• PRO Supplier

Loved my HRX  - the most versatile, quality mower I had - make sure you keep moving the sliding chute cover back and forth regularly as it gets stuck easily with dead grass....

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0