Forum

Honda HRX 537?

Hi, I need to replace my Toro 22186te. I am considering the above and wondered if it is a good move? I tried one at my local dealer and it is a bit faster. down side is I would have to fold it everytime I put it in the side door of my van as it's longer than Toro. Any HRX experienced operators findings welcome!

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Tom,

I recently changed my John Deere fleet for HRXs. So far so good!

They are quick and deadly solid.  Really robust mower.  A few folk complain that they're a tad weighty but I like it.  The engine and gear box perform and all the parts are well built and dont have a cheap or fragile feel.

I honestly believe the HRX will perform a lot better than the Toro! HOWEVER, handles do not fold.  Could cause problems for you! When purchasing mine I had to take handles off with socket... We work with mowers in trailer hence no day to day issues.

• PRO

I have several 'HRX' and the handles fold on all of them. Purchased the most recent 3 weeks ago.

• The HRX's fold, perhaps you have the pro model?

• PRO

I have had mine for probably about 5 years and love it!! I have a transporter and to make it fit in the side door I put the back wheels up to the highest setting and it just about fits without folding the handle down.

• Apologies gents, I have confused my HRH pro spec with the hrx. I have had an hrx on loan before though- cracking mower!

Sorry for confusion.. Should have been sleeping!
      • haha! thought that! HRH seems to be the go-to mower for commercial, but with a few less features than the HRX, 

• Thanks for the info guys, I think I will go for it, The dealer will do me 20% off which takes its down from eye watering 1200 odd to 1060. the toro was short so fitted in my Scudo without folding. I think the slight inconvenience of folding the HRX will be made up with it's pace and other features.

• PRO Supplier

Loved my HRX  - the most versatile, quality mower I had - make sure you keep moving the sliding chute cover back and forth regularly as it gets stuck easily with dead grass....

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Operative

Additional landscape operatives required by commercial soft landscape contractor based in Crondall for immediate start. Landscape CSCS/CPCS preferable but not essential as full training given. Competitive salary and advancement opportunities for the… Continue

Junior Gardener

JOB BACKGROUND: Do you have high standards?  Are you able to commit to a role and work hard to maintain those high standards?  Are you keen to start a career in the horticultural industry with a company that will support and train you? Our Junior… Continue

Landscaper

Countryside Services is expanding – we have an increasing amount of bespoke, designed gardens on our books and need new staff. Your commitment to us: to be enthusiastically hard working (in all weathers), keen to learn and prepared to work long… Continue

Gardener

Our client is a successful family business with clients in both the residential and commercial sectors. They are now ready for the business’s next stage of expansion. They really are passionate about gardening and landscaping, providing a vast range… Continue

Latest blog post

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…
PRO Supplier

After being selected as the official mower at the two most recent FIFA World Cup’s in South Africa and Brazil, Dennis Mowers will be the mower of choice for the 2018 tournament in Russia.

The Dennis G860 cylinder mower will have the task…

Read more…