About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

I am thinking of a new mower, will always chose Honda ,  had the 4 wheel pro 536 and seems great, only downfall is if you cut to close to the edge and miss judge it and take a chunk out of the edge! what are the main differences between roller and 4 wheel Honda pro 536

Are the roller models bad in the wet, the 4 wheel drive seems to have no problems and picks up fine, how bad is the roller i seem to remember using them in the rain and having bad problems clogging up the roller and not cutting very well?  

The 4 wheel model you don't get the nice strips as much, but seems to be a good mower otherwise.

any preference or advise  over which the roller or the 4 wheel HRH 535 pro lawnmower please comment.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO Supplier

Hi Ian,

It really depends on what type of work you are doing Ian. If you are cutting lawns in private gardens I would be inclined to go for the roller mower as you can't beat a lawn that is striped up, it really makes a garden! However, if you are just mowing areas of grass around commercial buildings, it probably doesn't matter about the stripes and you have the advantage of a better collection system. If you purchase the roller mower, make sure that you keep your blade in good order and if you can, purchase a blade with higher lifters as this helps the collection process. Also make sure that you keep your grass collection bag clean, I used to blow my collection box out every week with an airline, although a power washer would probably do a better job if you have access to one.

I hope this helps and I hope that you make the right decision.

• is £1350 an average price for one these, I went to my local dealers and they didn't even sell this pro model . I am looking online, but its ashame we dont get offered any sort of trade discount.

• PRO Supplier

Hello Ian,

The professional mowers are expensive, maybe it's worth looking at something around the thousand pound mark? Anyway here are a two or three examples of a Honda fourwheeled hydrostatic mower and a Honda rear roller mower. The professional range of Lawnflite mowers may also be worth taking a look, I have heard that they are very good.

I hope this helps.

• The hrd 536 spec is this very different from.the hrh 536 ? Just a bit lighter and not a steel deck? Anyone know ..
  • PRO
    I've just bought the lawnflite pro roller and its cuts and collects fine in the dry but not had to cut wet grass yet.
    It's the same mower with some cosmetic changes as the Honda pro roller just cheaper.
    Still has the Honda gxv 160
    There are quite a few of these all of them clones of kaaz pro roller or so I'm told.
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…