About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Replies

• Sthil HS 45 - 24 inch blade. Probably get it from a direct dealer for £190. Pretty reliable machine - cheap enough to replace after one season but should get 2. Light weight. Yea i like them as my standard hedge trimmer.

Worth noting they are rubbish for anything more than a short back and sides.
  • Yeah I would agree, the HS45 is a good trimmer. Bombproof really. It just isn't as refined as the pro trimmers. The HS56? next model up is probably better, but I went up to the HS82, which is awesome compared to the lower models, but you gets what you pays for.

• Totally agree - miles from being refined but a reliable work horse and a great back up ready for abuse. HS82 is a gorgeous machine, just depends on Stevens context for buying.
      • Yeah the HS45 is my backup now. Feels light in the hand compared to the 82. I can't fault it really.

• PRO

Do you mean a hedge trimmer or a kombi tool type?

• Sorry yeah hedge trimmer
  • Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated. Think I'll go for the HS 45. Just starting out a lawn mowing business and offering hedge trimming as well. Will mainly be back and sides as you say
    • You cant go wrong with the HS45 then, it's what I started with and it's still good 3 years later.

• Hss 45 gets another vote.

I stopped using the 81s as they are to heavy for general use unless it's cutting thicker hedges or reductions
  • It's a good entry level machine, but the vibes are awful compared to the bigger machines. I'd suggest you try one first if possible.

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0