Forum

grass cuttings

Thanks everyone for the advice on mowers/blowers. I have been asked to do a quote on a large ground maintenance  around a retirement home.What does everyone do with the grass cuttings/leaves do you have them collected? i have read that i will need a license for this? 

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

To remove any form of green waste from a clients property, you will need, at the very least a 'Lower Tier' waste carriers licence - there are lots of threads on here about this - if you move it, you need a licence and waste transfer notes and relevant paperwork etc, etc ,etc.

Anything not 'green' ie bricks, rubble, old fencing etc - you need a higher tier licence - from memory valid for three years and around the £150-£175 mark.

Either of these will allow you access to a commercial waste tip, for which you will be charged a figure either by the load or by weight depending on the site setup.

• PRO

The lower tier licence is free of charge and can be registered for from the Environment Agency website in a few minutes (as can the Upper Tier, but you'll need to pay for). Ignore Agency's that try and charge you a fee to do it for you.

• For commercial waste I have a local depot called gp recycling that I take waste to much cheaper than the council.
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Tree Surgeon

Employer: Bawden Group

Job Type: Full Time

Wiltshire tree surgeons Bawden Tree Care, is part of the Bawden Group a privately owned company, delivering tree care and… Continue

Grounds Maintenance Supervisor

Employer: Bawden Group

Team Leader / Supervisor required to manage team(s) of mobile grounds maintenance and gardening staff in the delivery of grounds… Continue

Skilled Landscaper required

Employer: Scott\'s elite landscapes

Undertake all aspects of hard and soft landscaping construction. Using machines and setting out sites.. managing projects… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs