Forum

PRO

I have produced this simple excel spread sheet so that you can make sense of what you need to charge yourself out per hour.

Download the sheet to your own computer and edit it to suit yourself. Make sure that you only edit the variable amounts (if in doubt, look for a calculation formula before making changes)

It would pay to have a little excel experience for this exercise.

You may also be interested in applying this simple hourly rate test - you may be in for a shock!

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Phil, clearly as important now as it was when first posted all those years ago ;) !

• PRO

I'm so pleased that LJN has - and continues to - helped so many people Gary.

• PRO

Hi Phil i am getting page not found error when i click the link

• PRO

Sorry, we'll sort out this broken link but in the mean time try this hotlink :....CopyofHourlyRateChargeoutsheet2%281%29.xls

http://api.ning.com:80/files/sBaSmBgJy8zbnL4ZVORoN10zahaAGQvHf3cGT4uKKoEPxPNua082W%2A-FKzRDa35vvA7O…
  • PRO

It is a great tool many thanks .   If you realise that you may have miscalculated your hourly rate , apart from from the obvious put it up which may be difficult initially , what plan of action would you recommend . ? 

• PRO
      If you're not charging enough, you've basically got 2 options, increase prices or cut overheads. When I realised I wasn't charging enough, I realised I couldn't plop £8/ph into my customers monthly charges, so opted for a nominal increase on existing customers each year and to put all new customers on the rate I need them to be. Just hope they don't talk to each other....
      • PRO

Thanks Tom , Much appreciated .

• PRO

Please feel free to download this Charge out calculator to use in your business.

http://api.ning.com:80/files/dL6LZDH8KAJAfAJyJt8GezUkU72ynau59CIwjuflB-Oquo5svgmyY8rLWyaYOR1-P-tL7Z…
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Tree Surgeon

Employer: Bawden Group

Job Type: Full Time

Wiltshire tree surgeons Bawden Tree Care, is part of the Bawden Group a privately owned company, delivering tree care and… Continue

Grounds Maintenance Supervisor

Employer: Bawden Group

Team Leader / Supervisor required to manage team(s) of mobile grounds maintenance and gardening staff in the delivery of grounds… Continue

Skilled Landscaper required

Employer: Scott\'s elite landscapes

Undertake all aspects of hard and soft landscaping construction. Using machines and setting out sites.. managing projects… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs